Oklahoma Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Work clothing

I shop a lot at Ann Taylor and Ann Taylor Loft for work clothing. I'm looking to expand my shopping to other stores, especially for tops. Any suggestions; I live on the north-side? I wear a 00P/XXS at those stores so sometimes it can be hard to go to other stores and find something that fits and is of good quality.

Re: Work clothing

• I love Ann Taylor Loft! For good quality work clothing, I also like Harold's. They have a store at 50 Penn Place and there used to be a Harold's Outlet type store with cheaper prices at NW Expressway in the same shopping center as Super Target. I am not sure if it is still there? Their clothes seem to fit short-waisted people and run a little small so you could probably wear their size 0 or XS stuff since they don't have petite sizing.

You might also try Talbot's (they have petite sizing and there is one in Edmond and one at 50 Penn Place) or Chico's (at Spring Creek in Edmond or Penn Square Mall). I also like Dillard's, but it seems like they are always moving things around so it can be hard to find stuff there.

• Have you ever tried jcrew or Banana Republic petites selection online? They rarely have petite sizing in stores, but I've found their online selection to be decent.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I love New York & Co. They have great work and casual clothes. Everything is well made and classic looking. Love them.
  • I LOVE Harold's as well!  I have always thought their clothes run a little big.  I am a 0P - and usually have to get their size 0 skirts altered.  I can wear most of their knit tops and sweaters - XS - but sometimes have issues with their button downs and such.  Regardless, they have awesome sales - I just got a really great suit from there - original price $300 - but I paid $60 for the jacket and skirt.  The great thing about Harold's is that their clothes are of good quality, classic, and I don't have to worry about someone showing up at work in the same outfit (which happened one too many times when I shopped at Loft).  Also - just as some advice - buying the clothes on sale in season in the "normal" store is actually cheaper than shopping in the outlets.
  • i second NY&CO :) i get the majority of my clothes from there and target.