Caribbean Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

whining

The last two times I've tried to take a bath the downstairs neighbors have used all the hot water. I wouldn't be bothered by this if it was just a couple with their kids or roommates and our hot water heater sucked or something, but at least eight fuccking people live there. The heater we share wasn't meant to accommodate that many people. They also have a dog (which isn't allowed) and shortly after the dog moved in our cats got fleas. Maybe it's a coincidence, but I'm annoyed all the same. 

Every day for the last 3 weeks I've gotten a headache around 2 PM that lasts until I go to sleep. My OB gave me Tylenol with Codeine, which helps, but I can only take it after Will goes to bed because it makes me all loopy.

My work email freezes my computer for 30 seconds every time it starts automatically checking. After my computer unfreezes then the email program is frozen for a good two minutes. We're going through an IT consolidation right now and no one has time to look at it (even though they know it's an issue).

I'm at that annoying place where my regular clothes are all tight and ill-fitting and my maternity clothes are too big and make me look like I'm wearing a tent. And I don't look pregnant, I just look fat(ter).

I really want some potato chips and a milk shake and I have neither. 

I'm done now.  

Re: whining

• i'm sorry noisy, that is a whole lot of suck

And I would be reporting the shitt out of those neighbors.

• I can't help with the rest, but I'd rat out the neighbors.
  • Is there someone to tell about the neighbors?  Because my cold ass would be tattling.  I wouldn't even feel a smidge bad about it either.  I'd be mental about the dog too because I am not a dog person and if I thought it gave my cat fleas, I'd be all fired up.

Sorry Noisy, sometimes neighbors really suck.  Our old downstairs neighbors when we had our townhouse used to cook nasty, stinky food all the time and hour house would smell for days.

• I also would report the neighbors, but I'm sh*tty like that .
  • Back to the neighbors, not only would I report them to the apartment, surely there has to be some standard about how many people can live in a dwelling of a certain size and I would find out who else they could be reported to.
  • I kind of want to. Lorne is more compassionate than I am and doesn't think we should. It's a mom, a dad, their three kids, and then two other kids and another woman (probably someone's sister), and sometimes an older man (that I think is the mom's father). And a dog. I don't know how they all fit in there. Well, they don't - they have a bunch of crap out on the porch and outside their door. My hesitation is that the place we live is kind of anal - if they find out you've painted a wall or you have a dog you have 30 days to move. That's it.  If they'd just say, "hey, get the second family and the dog out of your apartment" I'd be more likely to do it.

• Yeah, I would still tattle.  But I'm mean.
    "That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • image noisy_penguin:

I kind of want to. Lorne is more compassionate than I am and doesn't think we should. It's a mom, a dad, their three kids, and then two other kids and another woman (probably someone's sister), and sometimes an older man (that I think is the mom's father). And a dog. I don't know how they all fit in there. Well, they don't - they have a bunch of crap out on the porch and outside their door. My hesitation is that the place we live is kind of anal - if they find out you've painted a wall or you have a dog you have 30 days to move. That's it.  If they'd just say, "hey, get the second family and the dog out of your apartment" I'd be more likely to do it.

Not your problem.  The water, the fleas, and the added people, and the dog are your problems.  You can have compassion to a point.  It's probably a health issue in there. If they have stuff cluttering the porch then that becomes everyone's problem.  You pay to live there and for a certain quality of life that is being disturbed.

• image TSD:
    image noisy_penguin:

I kind of want to. Lorne is more compassionate than I am and doesn't think we should. It's a mom, a dad, their three kids, and then two other kids and another woman (probably someone's sister), and sometimes an older man (that I think is the mom's father). And a dog. I don't know how they all fit in there. Well, they don't - they have a bunch of crap out on the porch and outside their door. My hesitation is that the place we live is kind of anal - if they find out you've painted a wall or you have a dog you have 30 days to move. That's it.  If they'd just say, "hey, get the second family and the dog out of your apartment" I'd be more likely to do it.

Not your problem.  The water, the fleas, and the added people, and the dog are your problems.  You can have compassion to a point.  It's probably a health issue in there. If they have stuff cluttering the porch then that becomes everyone's problem.  You pay to live there and for a certain quality of life that is being disturbed.

I agree. Not your problem. When it is affecting your life, you have to prioritize.

• Yeah, I have tattled on downstairs neighbors. They had a grill on their porch (NOT ALLOWED!) and used to burn paper all the time, and they had three cars (NOT ALLOWED!) and used to switch plates between 2 of them. Fishy. I called and they were gone a week later.
    I bet her FUPA's name is Shane, like the gunslinger/drifter of literature.--HappyTummy
  • Is sharing a water heater with another household a common thing?  Never heard of that!  I would report them for sure!  You can't just not have hot water, especially with a kiddo and, here soon, a newborn.  If they weren't breaking so many rules, I'd probably try to work out some kind of water heater schedule, but it seems they are breaking some pretty big rules.  Eff that.
  • I have nothing to add, but I will take any unused T3.
    "As of page 2 this might be the most boring argument ever. It's making me long for Rape Day." - Mouse
  • Yes I'd report them too.  Hope you feel better NP.
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimage AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• I'm not really that upset about any of it. But I think I will make a call on Monday when the offices open again.

•  I would call.  To me baths are sacred.  No one should get between me and my bath, especially when i have a headache. 

Aren't you in school housing?  they are getting a deal on the place and they know the rules.  You, dr. lorney, and will all abide by them, why should they get away with it?