Caribbean Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Confessions

I have really nothing major to confess though I am very emotionally attached to Dozer and have decided that I will find a way to take him home if he doesn't have a home/co-worker bows out. 
"Once I got a bath bomb that, once exploded, filled the tub with confetti. Little sharp metallic pieces of confetti. The product description said nothing about confetti. Oh look, there's a tiny, sharp metallic blue star stabbing me in the labia. HOW RELAXING. " - NoisyPenguin

Re: Confessions

• I hope that your coworker bows out so that you take him, and continue to supply us with adorable smooshy faced dozer pictures.
    Baby Boxer is coming! 5.23.12
    www.focushunting.com
  • My back went out like it does about once or twice a year.  I am in so much pain, I just lifted E out of his baby jail by his arms since I couldn't bend down.  And I just took Back-aid that expired in 2004 because I'm desperate.  (Snowed in- can't go to the store for more current meds). This is one annoying day- or actually two days because this is day #2 of being snowed in.
  • I got the worst charley horse (charlie horse?) of my life yesterday for some unexplained reason.  It was so bad and that only thing that seemed to make it start to loosen up was to do this weirdo Elvis lunge move.
    "That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • You had a hunka hunka burnin' love stuck in your leg. Elvis posing is the only way to relieve the pain.

• I am becoming more regular on another board and we are having a board war with a vendor and it is hilarious. It makes me long for the days when we had more outside interaction on here.
  • I confess that I had a Special K protein shake for breakfast 2 hours ago and already want to go raid the fridge. Stupid snow getting me stuck in the house.

We wasted a snow day yesterday and needed to use one today. I like sleeping in but the thought of giving up days of our already short spring break or having to go in on a Saturday makes me stabby.

I'm pretty sure it's pronounced your mom's a moron and if you didn't have your name legally changed by the age of 22, so are you. Unless you're from another continent. -Groomz
  • I forgot to take the stuffing out of one of Lila's new boots and had been jamming her foot into it for 2 days.  Couldn't figure out why she didn't like her new light up boots and why she walked so weird in them.

Poor lopsided Buddy.

• Winged just broke my heart.  Don't leave us Winger.  I brought you Slayer!

I wish I could stop being so crotchety and crabbity lately.  I get irrationally annoyed by people and just want to go off on them, but I realize they don't deserve it.  So that, in turn, makes me even more annoyed at myself for being such a crankapotomus.  Maybe I just need to swerve my car at some lady on the side of the road and then I'll feel better.

• I confess that next weekend I am going to see an intuitive reiki who sees dead people.
    For less then ten cents a day, you can feed a hungry child.
  • image CaliopeSpidrman:

Winged just broke my heart.  Don't leave us Winger.  I brought you Slayer!

I wish I could stop being so crotchety and crabbity lately.  I get irrationally annoyed by people and just want to go off on them, but I realize they don't deserve it.  So that, in turn, makes me even more annoyed at myself for being such a crankapotomus.  Maybe I just need to swerve my car at some lady on the side of the road and then I'll feel better.

Oh, I would never leave here. I just miss that part of our board. But they don't have the same pizzazz that you guys have.

• I'm also a grumpster.  Is it the weather?
  • I miss board wars too!

My SIL just sent me an evite for an Uppercase Living party and I laughed maniacally.  Um, no.

"As of page 2 this might be the most boring argument ever. It's making me long for Rape Day." - Mouse
  • I was lurking on ML yesterday and was jealous of their gangsta newb.

• Angie, you might be seeing Mouse's mom. 
  • image _Fenton:

I miss board wars too!

My SIL just sent me an evite for an Uppercase Living party and I laughed maniacally.  Um, no.

Word. And what is an Uppercase Living party?

I bet her FUPA's name is Shane, like the gunslinger/drifter of literature.--HappyTummy
  • image FallinAgain:
    I'm also a grumpster.  Is it the weather?

I think that has something to do with it. January and February are the worst. And March is just a cockteasing whore that plays on your emotions. 

Cali - If Mouse's mom lived in Massachuslutts, maybe.

Where has Mouse been anyway?

• image BobLoblaw:
    image _Fenton:

I miss board wars too!

Super cheesey phrase decals for the walls of your home.  Like "Home is where the heart is" in 4 foot long scrawly script font.

"As of page 2 this might be the most boring argument ever. It's making me long for Rape Day." - Mouse
  • HAHA! Those are so awful! You mean you don't want an "Always Kiss Me Goodnight"?
    I bet her FUPA's name is Shane, like the gunslinger/drifter of literature.--HappyTummy
  • image _Fenton:
    image BobLoblaw:
    image _Fenton:

I miss board wars too!

Super cheesey phrase decals for the walls of your home.  Like "Home is where the heart is" in 4 foot long scrawly script font.

ew.

• I confess I just googled Uppercase Living. I also confess that this past weekend while I was at Petco getting for for my dog, I feel in love with another dog that was for adoption. I really shouldn't get another dog. So I convinced my mom she was the best and she is getting her.
  • image _Fenton:

Why wouldn't you want this?  I bet Twan would love it.

The nerve!
    House | Blog
  • At lunch with my friends the other day, I caught myself dispensing parenting advice to them.  One of them has an 11 month old who is having sleep issues, and she seemed so desperate when she was asking for advice from our other friend.  I realized partway through my ramblings what a complete ass I had to sound like since I have zero kids, but I couldn't stop myself.  I felt like I was standing outside of my body, watching myself spew forth information, and I wanted to yell at myself, "SHUT UP DOOFUS!"

I blame you guys.  I absorb all the info the AFSB moms talk about, and now I think I'm some sort of child rearing expert.  But yet when I have a kid of my own, I'm going to use Dog Whisperer techniques on them.

• image SarahBethBR:
    image _Fenton:

That one is dangerously close to the lyrics of "Toy Soldiers".

• But look at the possibilites. I mean, who doesn't LOVE shenanigans?

DSC_0768
    Claire Elizabeth 12/31/2011
    Married Bio
  • image BobLoblaw:
    image SarahBethBR:
    image _Fenton:

That one is dangerously close to the lyrics of "Toy Soldiers".

You know, you started a company that had quotes like these but only based on either cheesy songs or one hit wonders (ex. "get out of my dreams, get into my car") I would probably go to that party.

• Winger, that's genius! We'll start an Etsy store!
  • image BobLoblaw:
    Winger, that's genius! We'll start an Etsy store!

Careful - you don't want to get sued for copyright infringement like the Edward Mannilow store.

• image TSD:
    My back went out like it does about once or twice a year.  I am in so much pain, I just lifted E out of his baby jail by his arms since I couldn't bend down.  And I just took Back-aid that expired in 2004 because I'm desperate.  (Snowed in- can't go to the store for more current meds). This is one annoying day- or actually two days because this is day #2 of being snowed in.

I feel for you!  I have a bulging disc that only acts up every so often, but HOLY SH*T, it is miserable.  For whatever reason, my back has been screwed up for the last 2 weeks.  Taking Liza out of the tub literally makes me want to cry.

• Can I put my order in for one that says, "I just wanna use your love tonight,
    I don't wanna lose your love tonight"?
  • image AngieP900:
    Can I put my order in for one that says, "I just wanna use your love tonight,
    I don't wanna lose your love tonight"?

That would be amazing.

Seriously, I would actually love to open this store.