Health & Fitness

Run by Foot Locker

A new Footlocker just opened in my area -- Run by Foot Locker.  I haven't had a chance to go in yet, and can't find anything online about it, but I'm guessing it is their concept of a specialty running store.  It's right down the block from the specialty running store that is closest to me (and that is kind of a ripoff -- all the shoes there are above MSRP -- so I can't say I'm in love with it).  Just wondering -- would you trust a Foot Locker specialty store?

Re: Run by Foot Locker

• while i'd certainly be skeptical, i would try to not place full judgement until i went in and checked it out for myself.
    ExerciseMilestone
  • I dunno. If they have one of those video treadmill gait analyzer things and a specialty running store-like return policy, I might. I would def re-buy shoes that I knew I liked from them.

Duke's House: Eating and Running with the Big Dog in Chennai: eatrunbrit.com

imageimage

2010 Race PRs:

5K - 24:57 10M - 1:28:20 13.1M - 1:57:29 26.2M - 4:28:29

• I'd give them a shot, just as I would any purported specialty store.  I have been to some running stores that are great and some that are not-so-great.
    Blog:
    Blog: Eat, Drink and Run
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Last Race: California International Marathon - December 4, 2011 - 3:29:18, 7:59 pace
    Next Race: ARun for Young 5K - January 7, 2012
  • I'd check it out but probably not buy right away.  It depends on the staff, for me--if they staff it like any old Foot Locker at the mall, I'd skip it.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • I would probably skip it. our locally owned running stores support a lot of races and runners in the community and for that, i am a loyal customer. sure, they may be a little more expensive. but i like taking my business somewhere i can feel good about. if people stop shopping at local running stores because a chain moves in down the street... they go out of business.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers