Fashion & Beauty
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Clarisonic vs. similar products?

I've been contemplating getting a Clarisonic, but it's hard to justify the price. I found the Pretika on for 41.50, and I'm guessing there are few other lookalikes out there.

Is there a big difference between the Clarisonic and its competition? Does anyone have a cheaper version that they would recommend?

Re: Clarisonic vs. similar products?

• A lot of people like the Pretika. It also has the "sonic technology" that makes the clarisonic so pricey. I think the only difference may be that Pretika's brusheads are not as soft as clarisonic. Also, I think the number of movements per minute of the brushes are different.

I own a clarisonic and it was a very good investment for me. HTH! 

Photobucket image
  • I use the Pretika and I really like it. I bought it just to see if I liked using a face brush before committing to the Clarisonic price tag, but I really like the Pretika and have no desire to switch.

I have never used the Clarisonic to compare, but a few ladies on this board have used both with different opinions- some preferred C, some preferred P. 

• i just ordered the pretika off, i'm supposed to get it thursday!
  • Clarisonic is on my list. I think I may invest in it sometime soon. I have seen some amazing results.
  • I used a battery operated face brush from BeautiControl and liked that, but then bought the Clarisonic. There is no comparison, Clarisonic is oustanding. I had good skin to begin with so I wasn't expecting too much, but WOW, my skin has gone from good to fabulous!