What's Cooking?

How much is a bunch of cilantro?

I'm cooking black bean soup and the recipe calls for a bunch of cilantro.

How much is a bunch?

I chopped up the entire amount of cilantro that was bunched together in the grocery store but it seems like a lot.

TIA!

Re: How much is a bunch of cilantro?

• That's what I would guess was meant too, but its not the best measurement as its so dependent on what your grocery store does.  How many servings does the soup make?  If its less than about 10 or so, I probably wouldn't use the whole bunch.  And its your tastes that matter, so if you think it seems like too much, don't do it!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I like to use the entire bunch from the store but I love cilantro. I'd say however much you think is right. Maybe a handful at a minimum and all of it if you really like cilantro.
  • If you make the "OK" sign with your index finger and thumb, a bunch is what would fill up the circle created by your fingers. 
  • image kimnelson09:
    If you make the "OK" sign with your index finger and thumb, a bunch is what would fill up the circle created by your fingers. 

This is probably what I SHOULD have done. Instead I used 1/2 of the grocery store's bunch and it was way too much.