Entertainment
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

RHOC (spoilers)

That was quite the drunken meltdown Lynn had, huh?  I'm not Gretchen's biggest fan but I don't see that what she did with Alexa was so wrong and Lynn went way overboard with it.  It also sounds like the new girl (can't remember her name) and Tamara were agreeing with Gretchen.  I guess I'd be stressed like Lynn with an eviction notice coming my way too...(preview of next week)

It was weird watching Tamara and Simon, especially when she talked about how they have to make the marriage work, knowing he's already filed for divorce. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: RHOC (spoilers)

• I can sympathize with Lynn. I would have a very hard time taking parenting advice from someone who doesn't have children. Especially because Gretchen was sort of accusing her of doing a crappy job. Even if it was the truth I think the message would have been recieved if it actually came from someone who had been in Lynn's position.

I think Lynn was drunk when she got there. Her hair looked terrible.

• I think that if you don't have your own kids, it's not your business.  She should have discussed her concerns with Lynn, not with Alexa.
  • I thought Lynn was a MESS! Oh my gosh...she looked horrible. Gretchen asked Lynn if she could take Alexa shopping and Lynn said that was fine. If she had a problem with Gretchen getting involved, she should have said no at the beginning. I couldn't believe the way Alexa spoke to Lynn at the mall. I think Lynn proved what Alexa was saying about her only being worried about herself. When Alexa threw the cuff on table and told her that she only thinks about herself...Lynn's comment was about her cuff! Who the heck cares about the cuff at that point?

I don't think Lynn and Frank are the best parents. You don't have to have kids to understand that. They just sit there when Alexa walks out the door after they told her she couldn't leave...hello? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Maybe I'm imagining it, but didn't Gretchen tell Lynn why she wanted to take her daughter out shopping?

[IMG]http://i54.tinypic.com/5cy92q.jpg[/IMG]
  • image sgsl2009:

Maybe I'm imagining it, but didn't Gretchen tell Lynn why she wanted to take her daughter out shopping?

I think she kind of hinted at it like "Hey I will give you the scoop after we talk." But well we all know that Lynn needs you to hit her over the head with it for her to understand. I don't think Lynn had any idea that Gretchen was going to talk to Alexa about her parenting skills.

• image eddy:
    image sgsl2009:

Maybe I'm imagining it, but didn't Gretchen tell Lynn why she wanted to take her daughter out shopping?

I think she kind of hinted at it like "Hey I will give you the scoop after we talk." But well we all know that Lynn needs you to hit her over the head with it for her to understand. I don't think Lynn had any idea that Gretchen was going to talk to Alexa about her parenting skills.

That's what I thought, too...I still don't think Gretchen did anything wrong.  She told Lynn what she was doing with Alexa so it shouldnt' have been a surprise.  I can honestly say that I would have appreciated having someone a little older to talk to when I was 17 that wasn't my mom or dad.  That's just my opinion though.  I wonder if Lynn and her husband are having any "ah-ha!" moments watching the show now...

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • It doesn't take a rocket scientist or experience at parenting to know that Lynn and her husband are HORRIBLE at discipline, therefore horrible at parenting.  I think Gretchen was trying to be helpful...nothing more and nothing less. 

I used to feel sorry for Alexa, but now I just think she's a tool.

• Gretchen never spoke to Alexa about her parents parenting skills, nor did she give any advice to Lynne in the initial conversation. Gretchen simply gave Alexa another person to speak to so she does not get herself in trouble. Lynne put Gretchen in a place of defending herself when she jumped all over her and acted as if she had no clue what Gretchen was going to talk to Alexa about. It does not take the birth experience to see that Lynne is not a good parent! Her own daughter is telling her that she is phoning it in. If your kid is asking to be grounded, there is a definite issue. Lynne is a hot mess across the board. Her face is so plastic, I wonder if her tears are petroleum based!!

AND I am tired of every one of them bashing Vicki for being a self assured and successful woman in her own right and not waiting for her husband to bring home the bacon. I thought the class she gave to the younger employees was highly valuable. I love that she has decided to make her marriage a priority, they are so cute.

• I really don't think Gretchen did that much wrong.  I agree that until you have kids, you don't know, but she can be a concerned observer.  None of those women have teenage girls (except Vicki who wasn't there), so can any of them really speak to what Lynne is dealing with? Not really, but they can be interested in what is going on.  I definitely agree that Lynne and Frank have not been good parents.  When a 17 year old talk about having to ground herself and basically asks to be punished and then nothing is done, what does that say about their parenting skills? If I had ever called my mom a b***h at all, much less in a public place in front of cameras, I would have never left my room again. 

I also think Alexis was being a crapstirrer, why does she care so much about Gretchen and Tamra? If they tell her its ok, she should just go with it. 

Donn and Vicki's date was so cute, even if that ring was a bit on the tacky side, at least for me.

I hate when Alexis wears that weird purple shirt in the interviews, the ones with the random slits, it is so unattractive.  As is that neon yellow halter.

• I'm ignoring the whole Lynn vs. Gretchen situation because I could go on forever...

I just have to comment and say, WHAT THE CRAP. How much did Lynn pay for that face of hers? And she just got it done. She looks droopy and bulldog like. Just awful. And I will say it again, her mannerisms and complete space cadet-ness are really reminding me of Anna Nicole Smith. 

ETA: Oh, and I'm really loving Don and Vicki these days. I love that they are focusing on their marriage; they are too cute! 

• Lynn needs an intervention and then rehab. There is something seriously wrong with her. It's really sad to see someone that is doing a "reality" show to be so out of it all the time. It's not just one episode, but it is literally every single one.

I also love that Vicky is a much better person now and is making her marriage a priority :)

imageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I never thought I'd say it - but Vicki is turning out to be my favorite right now!
  • image lux613:
    I never thought I'd say it - but Vicki is turning out to be my favorite right now!
    This! I finally got a chance to watch this on DVR and DH was in the room during the Lynn fight and he said, "Why is Steve Tyler drunk on your housewives show?" :)I agree with everyone who said Gretchen didn't do anything wrong by talking to Alexis and offering to listen. Also Lynn was a HOT MESS.
  • image kelseymw:

I'm ignoring the whole Lynn vs. Gretchen situation because I could go on forever...

I just have to comment and say, WHAT THE CRAP. How much did Lynn pay for that face of hers? And she just got it done. She looks droopy and bulldog like. Just awful. And I will say it again, her mannerisms and complete space cadet-ness are really reminding me of Anna Nicole Smith. 

ETA: Oh, and I'm really loving Don and Vicki these days. I love that they are focusing on their marriage; they are too cute! 

Agreed on the whole Lynn plastic surgery thing...she looks terrible! She cannot complete a sentence without getting the glossy look on her face. Too many pain pills?? Addiction to them?

I think Don and Vicki are doing so much better than they were at the beginning of the show. Good for them, it's real life to go through ups and downs. They are showing that side of marriage without being overly dramatic about it (ie. Tamra and Simon with their grand statements about working it out, or not liking the changes in their life).