Cincinnati Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

New to the Area

My H and I moved N. KY about a year and a half ago from Upstate NY. I got a job down here so we moved. Both of our families are from NY so we don't know anyone here. I have had trouble finding couples around our age (i'm 23 and hes 25) that were interested in going out or staying in and doing something for that matter.  

I was just wondering what people like to do around here?! Also was hoping someone might have some suggestions for where we could make friends. 

I know this post makes us sound pathetic but we are a really fun couple just haven't found the right group of people to be around.   :)  

Re: New to the Area

• hi there. my h and I live in middletown ohio which is 45 mins away. we are trying to make new friends with some couples. Most of our friends have kinda drifted away. We like to go bowling ,out to eat at nice restaurants, see movies(we like comedies and horror.) we also like wine, we have a dog we like to walk, no kids yet. if your interested in meeting up, let me know maybe we can meet up in downtown cincinnati.

• Welcome! I live in NKY, too. DH and I are bit older than you, I'm 31 & he's 38. We're into theatre/music..Aronoff, Playhouse in the Park, Symphony, Opera. Cincinnati has a wonderful arts scene. I also like taking cooking classes at the Party Source in Bellevue.

When I moved here I made friends at work. Volunteering was also a way to meet people. I found that the more I went out, the more Cincy felt like home.

• We should get a group of people together and going bowling ... or something one night. My finance and I are always looking for fun couples to hang out with :) !
  • Hi! We live in Covington, KY and are both 25 (well... I'll be 26 in March ;)). We are always looking for people to meet and fun things to do, too!

Right now, we have been enjoying checking out the Gateway Quarter in Over the Rhine (great restaurants and fun shops), but we also like hanging out in Main Strasse for some good food then before it gets super crazy with the college crowd we usually head out and see a movie or something.

I love the idea of a bowling outing! I'd be happy to organize it if it's something you all would be interested in.  

• Hi and welcome!

I'm 25 and DH is 27.  Since our family is in town we tend to spend a lot of time with them but otherwise we go out to dinner with friends, shop at the mall (we like Kenwood Towne Center), and go to various arts events (www.enjoythearts.com).  Occasionally we'll go bowling, putt-putt (in the warm months), and do some volunteer events (www.givebackcincinnati.org).

Hope that helps and if someone organizes a GTG I'll def try to make it as I'd love to meet the wonderful ladies on this board in person sometime :)

• Welcome to the tri-state! We are in the same boat! We moved here from Philly. We met at ohio state and moved to philly for jobs after college. We are so excited to be back in ohio, but most of our friends are up in columbus or cleveland  and are single so we are looking to make some couple friends as well.

We mostly keep to ourselves (not ideal, want to get out more), his brother lives in Hyde Park and we see them about once a month but he has his own social network. We are both 27 and looking to meet people our age like you are.

We should definitely do a get together and go bowling or something! That would be a great way to meet some couples and make friends. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby H 2.0 on its way! BabyFetus Ticker
  • Welcome! H and I are a little bit older than you, but that is all good. Why don't you post some of your interests. H and I like to go to a lounge, wine bar or out to dinner. We have people over to our place for board games or wii. We hit up tastings. We are pretty much all over the place

I grew up here, but moved away and then back. It is very hard to meet people here. Don't feel like you are the only one. I don't have a job that is conducive to meeting people. You just have to find what works for you. 

• Count me in as looking for friends too! 

My husband and I are 29 and 30 - and definitely looking for people to hang out with!  We moved here a little over 2 years ago from MN, no kids and definitely lacking in the social department.

If people were interested in setting up a "couples" get together, I would be all for it!  I think it would be a blast to meet all you ladies and your other half. 

• A little more about us... 

I am a huge wine freak! I grew up around the fingerlakes in NY where there are tons of vineyards. Imagine doing a wine tour where the vineyards are literally 2-3 miles apart on a lake and there are atleast 10+ vineyards/lake.  

We like going to the bars but haven't gone to many since we moved here because it was always something we did with our friends and lets face it, its not as fun when its the 2 of us.

We have 2 dogs, 1 is a schnoodle who I got when he was 8 weeks and the other is a schnauzer we rescued back in september so we like to get out and do walks and hiking with them.

I am terrible at bowling and putt- putt but still love going just to laugh at myself. I am very good a wii bowling though :)

We love hockey! I snowboard and started to learn to ski before we moved. You really need to embrace the winter sports when you live up north!

I can organize a couples event for next Friday or Satuday night if people are interested. Just let me know!

• image Crawfordec:
    We should get a group of people together and going bowling ... or something one night. My finance and I are always looking for fun couples to hang out with :) !

DH and I are looking for some new couple friends too! It seems like our friends all moved away!

DH and I went to the finger lakes on vacation a couple of years ago and loved it! We went to Canadaigua (sp?) and went to a LOT of wineries over the week.

DH and I will do bars, but aren't big fans. We'd rather have something to do. But we are up for just about anything, so we'd probably be in for a GTG. We are both 25.

• image dpittis39:

I am a huge wine freak! I grew up around the fingerlakes in NY where there are tons of vineyards. Imagine doing a wine tour where the vineyards are literally 2-3 miles apart on a lake and there are atleast 10+ vineyards/lake.  

H and I will be at the wine tasting at Market Wines sometime on saturday. We haven't met anyone that we hang out with, but the people are always nice and friendly.  

You should get tickets to the midwestern wine festival. I think there are a number of us going. Someone was going to be hanging  at via vite afterward. We are staying at the hilton so will probably hang at the palm court. FYI we are going to the afternoon tasting.

• Welcome! My DH and I also live in NKY, and I stay tuned into the local blogs when I'm looking for something fun to do. Some of my favorites are: wine me, dine me (in cincinnati), my wine education, uncorked cincinnati, hoperatives.

I also like buycincy, cincinnati blog and cincinnati imports (a perfect one for people who grew up outside of the Tristate).

Someone already mentioned the upcoming wine festival, and you may want to sign-up for the Wine Society, Cincy E.A.T.S. and/or Cincinnati Sports League (CSL). Have fun!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • if you want you can add my blog to your list. cincyeats.com

I forgot to mention that H and I are going to a superbowl party at venue 222. you should check it out too.  

• image dpittis39:

We love hockey! I snowboard and started to learn to ski before we moved. You really need to embrace the winter sports when you live up north!

Oh we love hockey too!  My brother has played ever since he was like 6 so we watch him play some college games every once in awhile.  Have you also checked out a Cyclones game?  The tix are really cheap and they're pretty good.  They won the Kelly Cup last year :).

• It sounds like a lot of people are really into wine! What about some kind of wii bowling/wine outing?

Right in Main Strasse is a wine bar we have been dying to try out - Bouquet. Then maybe back to someone's place for wii? We would be happy to volunteer our place...it's within walking distance from Main Strasse if that turns out to be something everyone likes.