Northern California Nesties

Athleta vs. Lululemon? anyone?

anybody tried athleta brand athletic wear? i love lululemon for yoga, but the price is steep... athleta is a little more affordable, but i am nervous to try it b/c i really like how lululemon wears, esp when i'm sweaty
IMG_1313.jpg IMG_1351.jpg
ERD 01.16.11

Surviving postpartum depression & OCD one day at a time.
Also experienced antenatal OCD.
Feel free to ask me questions about my experience.

Re: Athleta vs. Lululemon? anyone?

• Ok... YES. I've tried Athleta and I definitely have an opinion. I have not, however, tried lululemon, so I can't really compare...

I really like Athleta athletic pants for the most part, but they run pretty small. They are butt-huggers.  ha! 

Also, they are made for tall people, for sure. So, I (5'1") have to get petite size. I can't get their regular length capri because it hits me between pant and capri length which = ugly.

I have "Remedy Pant". These are super comfy. They have a bit more of a flare than I usually like at the ankle, but still good.

I also have "Swoop Flare Tight" which I just got and it's also as comfy as the Remedy Pant. It's a bit shorter than Remedy Pant (both are petite, so I'm not sure why the length difference).

Both these pants that I have are great with sweat - wicking properties and all... The material is a bit thick (and very soft), so it is good for outside workouts but can get a little bit warm indoors.

Hope this helps! :)

• image angelabbf:

Also, they are made for tall people, for sure. So, I (5'1") have to get petite size. I can't get their regular length capri because it hits me between pant and capri length which = ugly.

LOL this is why I heart Lululemon.... I am 5'1 too and they have free hemming on every pair !  They also do wear fabulously ! I have not tried Athleta though...  

IMG_1373 Cool Winston
  • Not to high jack your post or add another thing to your want list BUT have you tried lucy? They have the most amazing compression running pants with this little pocket in the back. love them!

• I have not bought lucy pants...

Angela - return policy is good at ahtleta? (aka - i can buy something and return it via mail, right?) 

ERD 01.16.11

• One thing to note about Athleta shirts, however... If you're looking for shirts. They run short! (even on me - the shorty!) So, beware. Some of them were "grandma-ish" looking when I got them on because of how/where they hit. Weird....

• image NorcalLinds:

Not to high jack your post or add another thing to your want list BUT have you tried lucy? They have the most amazing compression running pants with this little pocket in the back. love them!

I love Lucy too! If you sign up for their email newsletters, you can get discounts or sometimes free shipping.

TTC since June 2009
    DX: MFI June 2010 & DOR Sept 2011
    Various forms of medicated cycles since June 2010
    IVF #1 tentatively scheduled for 2013
    Doing acupuncture and focus on weight loss in the meantime

S/PAIF welcome

• image ladipale:

I have not bought lucy pants...

Angela - return policy is good at ahtleta? (aka - i can buy something and return it via mail, right?) 

They have a great return policy. You can return it all by mail. You do have to pay return shipping, which kinda stinks though. But if you have a banana card or something, you might be able to get free shipping to you. (I have a LUXE card, so I get free shipping now that Athleta is part of the Gap/Banana/Old Navy family)

• Don't cheat on lululemon!  <333 lululemon
  • image breezy49er:
    Don't cheat on lululemon!  <333 lululemon

I've heard SO MUCH good about lululemon. I'm scared to start for fear it will launch an addiction that I can't afford. LOL!!! :)

• image angelabbf:

image breezy49er:

I've heard SO MUCH good about lululemon. I'm scared to start for fear it will launch an addiction that I can't afford. LOL!!! :)

it probably will, but they have great sales, and the stuff is fantastic! the clothes i have i wear 2 - 3 times a week and i've had them almost 3 years... its just time for some new additions. i think i will stick with lululemon though. 

ERD 01.16.11

• image ladipale:
    image angelabbf:

image breezy49er:

it probably will, but they have great sales, and the stuff is fantastic! the clothes i have i wear 2 - 3 times a week and i've had them almost 3 years... its just time for some new additions. i think i will stick with lululemon though. 

Good to know. They just opened one downtown Walnut Creek - a few miles down the road from where I work. I plan to stop in on a lunch break pretty soon and check it out. 

Honestly, if you LOVE lululemon, I'd stay stick with them. Though Athleta is pretty good, they seem a bit 'hit or miss' to me and I can't say I am completely SOLD on their pants. So, I think it's prob wise to just bite the $$ bullet and stick with your fav. (imo)

:)

• If you work or teach classes at a gym or in the fitness world Lululemon will give you a percentage off every thing you ever buy.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • have you tried Zella?? it's a nordstrom brand really similar to Lulu but cheaper. Great fabric and comfy. HTH
  • image Roni.Cedra:
    If you work or teach classes at a gym or in the fitness world Lululemon will give you a percentage off every thing you ever buy.

OMG! Seriously???? This is good info!!!! :)

• image angelabbf:

image Roni.Cedra:
    If you work or teach classes at a gym or in the fitness world Lululemon will give you a percentage off every thing you ever buy.

I just checked with SIL it is 15% off, you have to just be able to show proof. For her this meant showing the online spin calendar with her name as teacher. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • image Roni.Cedra:
    image angelabbf:

image Roni.Cedra:

I just checked with SIL it is 15% off, you have to just be able to show proof. For her this meant showing the online spin calendar with her name as teacher. 

Awesome! I think I'm going to go check out the one downtown WC tomorrow at lunch break! Wheeeee... :)