Entertaining Ideas
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Creative anniversary ideas

Looking for a creative gift/celebration idea for my fiance for our upcoming anniversary.  We usually go out for a nice dinner for special occasions but moneys tight and I thought something different and creative might be nice. Any ideas?

Re: Creative anniversary ideas

• How about romantic dinner in?  This is how we celebrate V-day, as the restaurants are usually too packed for our likings.  I have some good and simple recipes in my blog... and the sweet potato casserole is to die for!!!!
    -- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • it might be too late for this, but 100 days before our anniversary I started writing down one reason I love him every day.  It's not a "top 100" list, it's just 100 random reasons.  Our anniversary is tomorrow and I'm going to compile them all and figure out something cute to do with it.

Also, we're staying at a B&B outside of town. If you can firgure it out with your work schedule, go during the week.  Our place is $69 on a Wednesday night compared with $105 during the weekend!
  • Wow! Great ideas- I love the 100 reasons list   I think I'll use that as part of his wedding gift.  Thanks!
  • I ussually cook a special dinner -

I made steak with portabella mushroom risotto and asparagus for V-day right after we got married (married 1/28 - so we didn't want to do anything $$$). For dessert I made brownies and chocolate covered strawberries. I bought cool whip and chocolate sauce and decorated the plate and brownie then served 2 strawberries on the side. It looked gourmet and was SO easy (I worked until 3 that day).

I did shrimp cocktail for apps with frozen shimp I already had. (I actually served it in a martini glass with a green leaf lettuce leaf and cocktail sauce).

The entire meal cost less than $20.

I also dressed in a really sexy cocktail dress and had candles lit when he got home from work with the table set.

My Mom used to do stuff like that for my Dad and would set a small table up in the bedroom. She would set us up with a movie and pizza in the den and they would have a nice romantic candle lit dinner - without the need of a baby sitter. She would do it at least once a month.