Entertaining Ideas
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Centerpiece ideas for bridal shower

We are throwing a large bridal shower for my sister in about a month.  There will be about 60 people and we'll have probably 10 round tables.  We're trying to think of something we can make for the centerpieces that we can also give away as door prizes... but having to make so many, everything we are coming up with is really adding up fast.  Any good ideas??

Re: Centerpiece ideas for bridal shower

• Not sure what the 'theme' or colours are for the BS, but for my Engagement party, we're using succulents. (PIB under engagement party)
    They're super affordable, and look great!
  • I was just at a baby shower about the same size.  They used glass vases and had 3 sprays of hydrangea in each vase along with 2 willow branches.  They were very cute and affordable. 
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My sister made cookie bouquet's for the centre pieces. She got nice vases and supplies from the dollar store and made the flower shaped cookies herself. They didn't cost her much and they were used as prizes. They can also be used as dessert or each individual cookie can be given away as a favor.

• Gather up a bunch of cake plates- they don't have to match.  Wrap the favors in nice paper and ribbon to match the colors and place them on the cake plate. 
  • This is similar to what pp suggested

• grrr.  I'm having problems PIPing, but here's the link:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3079/2613609679_c57b2028fe.jpg?v=0

You could use wheat grass as an inexpensive centerpiece and add in gebera daisies with flower picks.  Or you could also do potted plants which are also great for giveaways.  Here's some examples of wheat grass centerpieces (and a tutorial on how to grow it):

http://lifeoftees.wordpress.com/2008/06/11/growing-wheat-grass/

• I'm also planning a bridal shower and found this website to be pretty inspiring:

www.hostesswiththemostess.com

I got a lot of great ideas for centerpieces and decor from here and was able to buy things for cheap at the Dollar Tree, JoAnn's, etc.  Good luck!

TTC #1 since Sept 2011

Me: 33, DH: 35, DX: PCOS & MFI (low everything)

HSG misdiagnosed Bicornuate or Septate Uterus,
    but Saline Ultrasound a month later showed no uteran issues, yay!

IUI #1 Oct/Nov 2012: Clomid (100mg) + Trigger + B2B IUIs (2 mil count & 1.8 mil count) = BFN

IUI #2 Feb 2013: Clomid (100mg) + Trigger + B2B IUIs (2.5 mil & 4 mil count) = BFN

IUI #3 March 2013: Clomid (100mg) + Trigger + IUI and/or TI due to trip conflict = ???

Current Status: DH diagnosed with Obstruction of the Vas Deferens on 2/4/13 and put on two weeks of antibiotics. Waiting to see results 3/12/13. If no response, on to IVF w/ ICSI.

All are welcome!

[IMG]http://i47.tinypic.com/2u737fs.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/mjtm37.png[/IMG]
    TTTC March Siggy Challenge!
  • For the baby shower I threw we did potted flowers for the centerpieces and then there is a game called the centerpiece poem that we did. The poem gets passed around the group at the table to people that have the most buttons or largest purse, etc and then in the end it gives away the centerpiece. It is always a hit at the showers I have thrown. If you are interested in the poem you can page me here or on the success after if board. (you can get a potted plant with some foil around it at local grocery stores for $5)