Entertaining Ideas
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Girls Night at my house

I am having a girl?s night this weekend at my house with two other friends.  I am a mother of a 17 month old and it has been a long time since I have spent time with the girls.  I want to plan an enjoyable evening with some girlfriends but I am a little out of touch. Does anyone have any advice on how my girlfriends and I can have a great girl?s night at home? 

Re: Girls Night at my house

• I would visit Bath & body works right now and stock up on some of their 75% off stuff! Place it all in a nice basket for the girls to give themselves mani or pedis. Have a crudite with hummus and spinach dip, crossiant sandwiches and small cupcakes. You could have one pitcher of cucumber lemon water and one of iced tea. If you really want to impress them have a massuse come over to give 15 minute back and neck massages to everyone. If cost is an issue, ask for eveyone to pitch in $20 bucks or so. I would have a movie playing in the back ground but you girls will most likely end up talking. Have fun!
  • you could do a wine and cheese theme.  everyone bring a bottle of their favorite wine and you supply different cheeses, olives, crackers, etc.  just sitting around and talking sounds like fun to me!
  • It won't take much - great food and drink and you all can catch up.

Will you have someone else at home during the "girls time" that can take care of the babies needs?
  • I have been wanting to plan a girl's night and I would do a spa party.  Make up some cosmo's (or whatever cocktail or wine of choice is).  As mentioned above, BBW is having a great sale, so you could get some products cheaply.  I have a spa book that has recipes for face masks and scrubs.  The ingredients (things like honey or plain yogurt, sea salt, etc.  you may have on hand).  You could look some of those up and make up your own spa treatment concoctions! 

Another idea is to rent a few old movie favorites or girly movies, with some drinks and food.  yummy!

• if it is just the three of you, then my recommendation isn't as do-able, but at gno's w/my friends when i lived in NC, we would have up to 10 women there.  the lady that hosted the one i'm thinking of, had a friend that was a massage therapist and she would bring her chair and charge $20 for 20 minutes or something like that and we each got our own amount of time.  i often paid for a double portion of time b/c i'm huge into massages.  soothing music would play (jazz or some kind of instrumental), we would drink wine and of course have water to hydrate after the massage.  all the recommendations from pp's regarding food to go w/wine is right on.

we have had mani/pedi nights, too.  same person's house and she opened up her huge master bathtub for us to sit on the side of for soaking and other steps.

depending on how intimate you are w/each other, you could just do the mani one, but do hand massages for each other.  same goes w/a facial night, too (not everyone is comfortable being naked-faced around their girlfriends).

"A friend loves at all times..." Pr. 17:17 MY GOOGLEPAGES BIO image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker