What's Cooking?

Baptism Lunch Ideas

I'm having a lunch at my house following my daugther's baptism.  There will be about 20-25 people.  I need some ideas on what to serve since I will be at the church and will be arriving at my house the same time as my guests.

Thanks!

Re: Baptism Lunch Ideas

• Cocktail meatballs in the crockpot.

We did turkey and hams, already cooked and sliced and just warmed up after the church. We also did stuffing, baked beans, coleslaw, mini rolls to make sandwiches and macaroni salad.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Maybe different sandwiches? We did a BLT roll up, chicken/pesto/swiss on mini rolls and turkey/brie/green apple and chutney sandwich. And we served fruit salad, green salad, apps,etc..

Or you could do something like pulled pork in the crockpot and have corn bread, salad, etc....

You could make baked ziti and chicken parm before and cook them--then just have apps ready at the house and warm the ziti and chicken for 20 minutes in the oven.

Chicken ceaser salad with a variety of rolls, breads, fruit salad........

• i was recently at one and they did assorted finger sandwiches made ahead of time and put out when we got there. (cucumber, egg salad, chicken salad, moz., tomato & basil, etc.) along with some munchies (nuts, cheese & crackers) that were out and assorted small desserts  (brownies, cookies, mini cheese cakes and chocolate covered strawberrys).

it was perfect

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • As the main item we did an eye of round covered in Rosemary and black pepper in the counter top roaster and timed it so it was done when we got back from church.  Sliced it really thin and served with rolls and horseradish sauce.

You could also do mac and cheese in the crock pot if you wanted another warm item.