Married Life

How long does Redi-Whip last after opening...

Say I had some from Thanksgiving. Is it still good? Do I just  go by odor, like with milk?

Re: How long does Redi-Whip last after opening...

• is that the stuff in a can?
    image image
  • image HiClaudius:
    is that the stuff in a can?

yeah, the stuff in the can.

• If it's the stuff in the can, it IS milk.
    imageimageimage
  • image MrsSteSte:
    If it's the stuff in the can, it IS milk.

yeah, I know  -- cream NOT oil! ;-p 

So is it  good as long as it doesn't smell sour?

• image Tambcat:

image MrsSteSte:
    If it's the stuff in the can, it IS milk.

yeah, I know  -- cream NOT oil! ;-p 

So is it  good as long as it doesn't smell sour?

Exactamundo!

imageimageimage
  • I've never had any last that long in my house. We have no will power.
  • image alabaster_angel:
    I've never had any last that long in my house. We have no will power.

lol! This too. I can easily go through a can in much, much, much less than a week. Embarrassed

imageimageimage
  • Was is das!!!!  REDI WHIP!!

Do you have an immersion blender, or a Matilda?  Because fresh whipped cream is infinitely better than stuff in a can!!!

Immersion blenders now are like $40!!!

GET ONE!!!

And whip that heavy cream into submission like it deserves to be!

• lol, moe - I know, I know!  Matilda is your KA, right? Mine should be here on the 5th. I actually have heavy cream in my fridge right now, too, but nothing to whip it with.  I just want to have some hot chocolate w/ whipped cream!

I also really enjoy the cshhhhhhh noise the Reddi whip container makes. And I'm lazy. I think that's all. :)

• shhh..

there was something about putting my head back, and dropping redi whip in my mouth!!  lol.. it was more because my mother (even if we had TWO matildas at home (yes, KA mixers) sometimes cheated) bought RW, but she told us specifically not to consume it.  so naturally, that was one of the things i had to do, eat whipped cream like that.

but yeah... fresh whipped cream... ahhh.. nothing better.  i am excited for you, especially when you learn your optimal sugar content.  in fact, even better for you to buy vanilla beans, this is yet another good use for them!!!!

• image Tambcat:

lol, moe - I know, I know!  Matilda is your KA, right? Mine should be here on the 5th. I actually have heavy cream in my fridge right now, too, but nothing to whip it with.  I just want to have some hot chocolate w/ whipped cream!

I also really enjoy the cshhhhhhh noise the Reddi whip container makes. And I'm lazy. I think that's all. :)

Can't you just whip it with a whisk?  I swear I have done this before... 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Wouldn't it have an expiration date on the container? Or at least a sell-by date?
  • image Mrs.Rad888:
    Wouldn't it have an expiration date on the container? Or at least a sell-by date?

yeah, but I didn't know if that applied after opening or if I only had like 2 weeks to consume it...

• Admit it, you all just like to do whipits! THAT'S the real reason you keep Redi-Whip around!

H made "real" whipped cream for my family over Thanksgiving - I may or may not have eaten a majority of the bowl with a spoon, crouched over the kitchen sink with the bowl...

It really is easy though, Tamb. 

imageimageimage
  • I am now drinking the hot chocolate with the Reddi whip, and it is DE licious.