Northern California Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Just got invited to a NYE party...

and it's almost 8pm.

I've never felt so random.

We're going to comntinue on with our plans of drinking wine and watching movies. We're about to finish up Funny People.

What is everyone else up to?

Re: Just got invited to a NYE party...

• DH actually has NYE off, for once! Although, he is on call (he's a police detective), so he can't drink, and could be called in if something bad goes down.

So, I told him that since he may not get another NYE off for a long time, we'd do whatever he wanted. Guess we're going to SF with DH's BFF and his GF to some club. I think it's going to be an 80's night. I'd rather stay out of SF. But... it's DH's choice!

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Movies, pizza, and drinks!
  • Enchiladas, brownines and ice cream, and movies. DH almost finished off the whole bowl of spinach dip by himself already!
    7/75
    [IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/33wa5xg.jpg[/IMG]
  • We're headed over to my friends in about half an hour for dinner which is chili I made, corn bread that she made and salad and plenty of Vino until the midnight champagne toast!
    TTC #1 w/ PCOS since 7/08
    7 cycles of Clomid, 2 SA's, 1 HSG
    BFP 8/09! M/C 10/09
    Back on the TTC Roller Coaster since 2/10
    Metformin and TI is current TTC plan
    BFP 2/21/11!!!
    [IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/29ypa54.jpg[/IMG]

The Super Secret Blog (at least from MIL)
  • DH, DSS, Koa and I are just chillin. I just made Pioneer Woman's "Fancy Macaroni" and a two-layer pineapple upside down cake.

Oh, and I've been sippin' on champagne  cocktails for the last hour. The boys are about to open up their first bottle of Martenelli's.

PAR-TAY!

• We are staying in.....like every year.  DH doesn't like to go out on NYE.  Every year we stay in and watch movies. 
  • We are having pizza and soda so we can have some booze later. Nothing exciting planned at all. DH just went to the dentist yesterday and had 2 teeth pulled out so he has to take it easy. He's watching hockey to live vicariously through others. Wink
  • J is working and I've had the flu this week so right now I'm chilling at home. I may go down to the pub (where he's working) later to get my midnight kiss in and be the first to wish him happy birthday.
  • We are staying in.  I made cabernet braised short ribs and mashed potatoes for dinner. Soooo good! Here's the blog I got the recipe from. http://kokocooks.blogspot.com/2009/10/cabernet-braised-short-ribs.html  Apple pie is in the oven.  We've had many glasses of wine already.  The dessert wine is in the fridge waiting for us.
  • Well, we ended up with a low-key New Year's. We're staying at our friends house in Monterey area (they're out of town), had dinner at Denney's at 9 after a 3-hour drive. Then barely stayed awake on the couch til the ball dropped.
    My favorite place on earth: The Amargosa Valley.