Pets
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

New to this board and new with a puppy!

Hi everyone!  I have been lurking here for a little bit, getting some pointers and figured I would introduce myself.  This is our first pet and I am so excited, I always wanted a dog growing up, apparently it took me 28 years to get one!

We got our little puppy last Sunday, in 4 days, he is doing pretty good.  His name is Cody, he is a little 2-3 month old beagle.  Or at least that is what the rescue organization thinks... 

We got him through a place in Michigan called Last Day Dog Rescue and we found him on PetFinder.com.  He was going to be put down with the rest of his litter from a shelter in Ohio because they couldn't adopt them out.  This organization took them all in and they are all being fostered and adopted out. Makes us feel all warm and fuzzy inside for saving this little guy.  And because he was in a foster home, he already knew how to sit, walk on a leash, and go potty outside (except for a few occasions).  He is such a little cuddler and a momma's boy.

Here are a few pictures of the little guy.  

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2853685&id=2338328&l=4314c5e782

Re: New to this board and new with a puppy!

• Welcome!  Cody is absolutely adorable- his face is killing me with cuteness!  Beagles are my favorite, and what we would have if we had a dog.  Happy New Year to your new family!
  • OMG what an adorable little face!!!! He's gonna be trouble!!!

Thank you so much for opening your hearts and homes to a little rescue guy! Good luck with him! He looks like a sweetie!

• He is super cute!!! Thank you for rescuing him.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Congrats on your cute new addition!!

• Congrats! I can't think of a better way to ring in the new year than by saving a life. Enjoy your cutie!
  • Oh my goodness he is so adorable!  He just put a smile on my face.  What a sweetie.  Congrats on your new little addition and thank you for rescuing!
  • How sweet!!  Thank you for rescuing! 
    image imageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Congrats on your new family member...and thanks for adopting your new best friend!!!
    imageimage
    You will forever be my best friend. I can almost feel our hugs. I will ensure everyone will know (now and in the future) what a genuine, kind, loving person you were...I already miss your laughter and our daily conversations. I love you, Samantha. May 20, 1983- February 20, 2012
  • I love him!  Please stick around - congratulations on your new addition!
    Happy Spring!.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • OMG he is so so so stinkin cute!! Congrats on the new furbaby and I hope things go smoothly! I see he has a blue lobster toy from Target, our Tera has a green one and LOVES it! She is on her second, as she destroyed the first one. She just carries it around with her, making it squeak, and taking naps with it. We call it 'lobby'.
  • He is so cute!  Yay for rescuing him!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Cody is precious!

image RIP Sweet Hanna girl 12.4.11
  • Welcome and congratulations!  Thank you for saving a life....we've had our kitties for several years and the feeling of awe when you look at them and know that you saved their lives never goes away.
    image "...Saving just one pet won't change the world...but, surely, the world will change for that one pet..."