Northern California Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

everyday food - magazine v. cookbook

any everyday food magazine subscribers out there who have the cookbooks?  i am sorely in need of space on my cookbook shelf and am wondering if i'd do better to keep some of the issues i use a lot and pitch (recycle/donate) the rest and  get the cookbook(s).  the idea is appealing space-wise but i am afraid i'll regret it as i do use the magazine recipes as they come in.  we need to do a general book culling around here, which drew will fight me on tooth & nail, but that's another story.

tia, ladies!  and happy new year!!! 

great blasket island, co. kerry, ireland june 2011

Re: everyday food - magazine v. cookbook

• Are you asking which magazines also have cook books? If so, Cooking Light( I just got Fast and Fresh for Christmas it is wonderful!) and Taste of Home. I know they both have several different cook books. HTH.
    7/75
    [IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/33wa5xg.jpg[/IMG]
  • I end up keeping a lot of my everyday food magazines...there is actually a lot in there I use. I do have the everyday food cookbook as well. And I like it for different reasons. If I get a magazine that only has a few things in it that I like, I will rip those out and save them and toss the rest of the magazine. I find that a lot of the cooking tips (not just the recipes) are helpful to keep
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I get the Everyday food magazine (though I find their recipes very hit or miss), rip out anything that interests me, and put them in these clear binder inserts in a 3 ring binder that I've categorized in a way that makes sense to me. I am not a magazine person but my mother insists on subscribing me to around 4 different magazines at a time. The stack of unread magazines was about knee-high before I finally broke down and got organized.

Personally, I would rather have a cookbook, though I am moving away from those thanks to allrecipes.com. When I want to make something I do a search, order by reviews, and make whatever has hundreds of people giving it a 5 star. Every time I've done that I've wound up with a new favorite must-have recipe.

Women don't want to hear what men think,
    women want to hear what they think, in a deeper voice