Entertainment
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

I loved Avatar!

If you are on the fence on whether or not you want to see it, I would highly reccomend it. We saw it in 3-D today, and I loved the story and the visual effects. It really was a great movie, and I can't wait to see it again when it comes out on Blu-Ray! :) 

Re: I loved Avatar!

• I saw it today too and was very impressed.  It is definitely worth seeing in the theater and in 3D.
  • I saw it today too and thought the story was awesome!!  SOO happy with the way it turned out.  It sorta reminded me of Dances With Wolves.
  • I saw it last night. I really liked it! I didn't get to see it in 3D because DH and the friend we went with get headaches from the 3D. Oh well. I did think it was a mush up of Dances with Wolves and Fern Gully.
    , [IMG]http://i46.tinypic.com/wl6gzs.gif[/IMG]
  • I just recently saw the movie as well in 3D. I got to say it is the best movie I have seen in a while. The visual effects were awesome! Although I do have to say the movie did feel kind of long but I do recommend everyone to go see it in 3D.
    [URL=http://s32.photobucket.com/albums/d45/hatch-er/?action=view&current=Picture008.jpg][IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d45/hatch-er/th_Picture008.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
  • We just saw it last night, and both loved it.  I found the 3D effect made me really nauseous though, and it was tough to sit through the full three hours!
  • I have absolutely no desire to see it.  Everyone keeps saying how great it is...and I haven't done any homework on it, but the previews simply remind me of some sci-fi movie and I don't really enjoy that.

Tell me MORE about it...what's the story line?  Maybe then I will at least want to rent it... :)

• image Radius:

I have absolutely no desire to see it.  Everyone keeps saying how great it is...and I haven't done any homework on it, but the previews simply remind me of some sci-fi movie and I don't really enjoy that.

Tell me MORE about it...what's the story line?  Maybe then I will at least want to rent it... :)

This. I have zero interest in seeing it, but know I will have to watch it eventually since my DH wants to see it. My friends have seen it and have given it rave reviews, but I am picky, and just don't think I will like it! 

Dave & Jennifer 10.18.08
    My Doha Adventures
  • I really wasn't interested in seeing this movie but I went since DH wanted to see it. Turns out I absolutely loved it. The special effects are amazing.

• We saw it in 3-D, and while DH loved it, I only liked it.  It was definitely too long, I didn't really think the special effects were that good (what was computer generated LOOKED computer generated to me), and just like Cameron's other blockbuster (Titanic) it was totally predictable.  I was just waiting for one of the characters to start singing "Circle of Life" from the Lion King.

I suppose I do like the message and hope that it makes more people care about their environment.

Having said that, I did enjoy it--I'm glad I went to see it, but I was glad we didn't pay full price either for it.