Pets
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

So, what's everyone doing tonight?

I'm supposed to be leaving in half an hour for dinner with friends and then a Black Keys show, but I really don't want to go. I'm all comfy on the couch with my dogs.

Would it be weird if H went out and I stayed home? I feel like we should spend nye together. Ugh, I'm a total bah humbug today.

Anyone doing anything fun?

Re: So, what's everyone doing tonight?

• I'm staying at home. DH is working. I will most likely be sounds asleep when the new year hits.

I have such an exciting life...

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We are going to a friends house to hang out with a small group of friends that we don't see often.  We usually get together on NYE and we play games, get drunk, and catch up.  This year I will be sober though.  DH's family is celebrating Christmas tomorrow so instead of staying the night out there like normal we'll be coming home shortly after midnight.
    A Spring Day on the Katy Trail
  • Movies, Chinese food at home with my boyfriend. We keep it pretty low-key most of the time. : )
  • Taking care of my sick puppy...trying to make it to midnight.

• Jeff is on call this week, so we weren't sure if we'd be able to go out since it's been chaos all week.  He found out this morning that things should be good, so we made last minute late dinner reservations at our favorite place.  And even if they're not, he'll still be close enough to deal with any issues that might pop up (thank goodness for work laptops and Clear). 

Then we're coming home to cuddle up on the couch, eat popcorn, and watch movies.  : )

• DH and I are heading to dinner in a few so we can be home early and ring in the new year with the pups. I didn't want to be out late tonight (I hate the craziness and this city is full of drunk driviers) but I didn't want to cook tonight either so we comprised with dinner at a cute little Mexican restaurant and bought ourselves a nice bottle of wine to ring in the new year with at home on the couch.

Happy new year everyone!!

• image Josie22:

I'm staying at home. DH is working. I will most likely be sounds asleep when the new year hits.

Josie, you and I have identical evenings planned!  I did just open a bottle of champagne.  Knowing me, after maybe the second glass, I will be asleep so I am trying to pace myself!

• We just bought a second controller for the Wii so I think we might have a little Wii Battle :)

Jackson: I used to be wild, like the wolf, and now I'm reduced to posing in pink petals for your enjoyment. The joys of domestication
    Poe: Here we go once again with the "I was a wild stray..." story. Blah blah blah *eye roll*
    Blog: The Misadventures of Jackson and Poe
  • We were supposed to go to a party at a golf club, but we just adopted our puppy on the 27th, so we are staying in.  He is too new to just abandon!
  • image Mrs.Shellfish:
    image Josie22:

I'm staying at home. DH is working. I will most likely be sounds asleep when the new year hits.

Josie, you and I have identical evenings planned!  I did just open a bottle of champagne.  Knowing me, after maybe the second glass, I will be asleep so I am trying to pace myself!

I was thinking of drinking a little. But I don't seem to have any alcohol in the house..

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We were supposed to go out to dinner and then have some friends over, but it looks like it's going to be an even quieter night. DH and I just came back from a very fun but very food-filled and expensive weekend in Chicago, and we don't really feel like going out to eat again.

We have another couple coming over in a bit to watch a movie while our dogs have a playdate. They won't stay till midnight, so it will be just DH and I. And that's fine by me!

• I have to be up early so we are staying in, my goal is to be the one that is asleep before midnight tonight. Since every year its always DH lol
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Photobucket Even babies love the hounds
  • Drinking and eating pizza.  I went to 3 different liquor stores to find white creme of cacao, and I am enjoying it. 

I'm also sort of cleaning the place for the in-laws who are arriving tomorrow, but it's not going so well seeing as how I am very tipsy.

imageimage Run Fast, Run Clean! Dog is my Mantra
  • We've almost always stayed home for NYE.  We usually watch movies (always The Apartment), play Scrabble and/or other games, and we eat appetizer type foods and dessert stuff all night.  And we have champagne to toast in the new year.  We light the fireplace, settle in and have fun.

Not only are we staying home this year, but we are finishing grouting the tile we put in the laundry room today, (as soon as DH gets back with more grout).lol

• We're in for the night.  We have some pizza bagels, spinach & artichoke dip for apps.  Framboise and Amber Woodchuck for beverages.  We rented a bunch of scary movies and will be hanging out with puppers and the kittehz.  Triple kiss (Me-DH-Sookie) at midnight :) 
  • Since I refuse to spend another NYE with my MIL on the sofa, as soon as DH gets home we are heading to my BFF"s house party. Should be fun and low key, but a 30 minute drive each way which semi sucks.

But if I don't get out of this house soon all hell is going to break loose. MIL has been here 5 days and in that time my sweet baby was replaced by an evil one.  I have 4 days to go. Serenity now....

• I just want to stay home and relax, watch a movie, and play wii.
    My sweet boy
    imageimage
  • Nothing exciting here.  Watching college football...bought a bottle of Andre.  Will probably be in bed before midnight. lol  The girls are about to get their NYE kongs with peanut butter.  Wink
  • I'm getting ready to head out to a friends house for a party. I made jello shots! MMM!! I took a nap earlier and woke up feeling like crap and really nauseous, but I took a shower and had a glass of water and I'm feeling a little better.... I can't believe I got sick on the ONE night of the year I actually wanted to drink. ugh. I hope I feel better so I can actually enjoy all the jello shots. (Well not ALL of them... lol!)
  • We ate dinner, and opened a really good bottle of wine (2005 Opus One-Yippeeeee!). Now I am baking cookies and H is watching CSI.
    We are so boring.

Oh, and Ruby is chewing on a bully!
  • We're going out to dinner soon with friends and then are heading out to this champagne cruise thing on Elliott Bay, which will take us right in front of the Space Needle in time for fireworks. I'm super excited because it's a dress up occasion and I can never get DH to dress up. :)
  • image xmaryrickx:
    We ate dinner, and opened a really good bottle of wine (2005 Opus One-Yippeeeee!). Now I am baking cookies and H is watching CSI.
    We are so boring.

Ooh, how was the Opus One? DH got me a bottle of 2000 Opus One for our wedding and we opened it on our 5 year anniversary this year. It was awful! I was so disappointed. I don't know if we kept it too long or if it was because our house gets really hot in the summer, but we were both heartbroken. (DH got me a wine chiller for our anniversary, though, so hopefully this won't happen again!)

• sitting at home with H and the pups.  We went to dinner earlier and we already played a rousing game of monopoly (which I won).  H is trying to talk me into going to baskin robbins to get him some kind of treat :P
  • Hubs, Dog and I are hanging out in our "garage" (party garage).Cull's currently in the hot tub as we eat appetizers and drink beer. I'm yearning for a shot of Jag, soon!!!
    [IMG]http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn109/claus008/d8214767.jpg[/IMG]
  • We are staying home, just the two of us.  We got some appetizers from Trader Joes, a bottle of bubbly, and we're watching a James Bond movie.

We also had a Wii battle (DH won) 

• image 410bride:

image xmaryrickx:
    We ate dinner, and opened a really good bottle of wine (2005 Opus One-Yippeeeee!). Now I am baking cookies and H is watching CSI.
    We are so boring.

Ooh, how was the Opus One? DH got me a bottle of 2000 Opus One for our wedding and we opened it on our 5 year anniversary this year. It was awful! I was so disappointed. I don't know if we kept it too long or if it was because our house gets really hot in the summer, but we were both heartbroken. (DH got me a wine chiller for our anniversary, though, so hopefully this won't happen again!)

it was amazing! Though not as good as the bottle that we opened while it was still "young". We had a bottle back in 2007 that was also an 05 and it was better. Ours too though was not kept temperature controlled and that was part of the problem. It is definitely special occasion wine and super strong!
  • image 410bride:

image xmaryrickx:
    We are so boring.

it was amazing! Though not as good as the bottle that we opened while it was still "young". We had a bottle back in 2007 that was also an 05 and it was better. Ours too though was not kept temperature controlled and that was part of the problem. It is definitely special occasion wine and super strong!