Pets
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

NPR: 10years ago?

I saw this on D&R and thought it was interesting. What were you doing NYE 1999/2000?

10 years ago I was in college and took a semester to work on a tall ship studying oceanography. I was at sea in the Caribbean from right after thanksgiving to the 2nd week of January. We had gotten clearance to dock in Cuba for a few days and we landed there a few days before New Years. We set sail (heehee...now you know how I got my screen name) from Cuba New Years Eve 1999. We spent the whole day touring around the area and sailed out a little after dark. We sailed out of the harbor and waited until midnight to continue on our track. So I got to spend the millenium new year in Cienfuegos, Cuba :)

Jackson: I used to be wild, like the wolf, and now I'm reduced to posing in pink petals for your enjoyment. The joys of domestication
Poe: Here we go once again with the "I was a wild stray..." story. Blah blah blah *eye roll*
Blog: The Misadventures of Jackson and Poe

Re: NPR: 10years ago?

• I was a senior in high school, and vaguely remember going to a not-so-exciting NYE party at a friend's house.   Nice and tame for little 17-year-old js (which is much different than the 27-year-old js). :)
    Love.
  • 10 years ago I was in college.  DH and I had been dating about 10 months and were very good friends with another couple who had just bought a house (a horrible, old, moldy ready to fall down house) and my friend and I decided we should have a dinner party in their new house since we weren't old enough to go to bars. 

Hilarity ensued and we decided that at 19 we were not quite ready to be hosting fancy dinner parties and perhaps we should stick to pizza and beer. In fact, I think our cooking went so horribly wrong that we did end up eating pizza.

A Spring Day on the Katy Trail
  • lol stac!
    Jackson: I used to be wild, like the wolf, and now I'm reduced to posing in pink petals for your enjoyment. The joys of domestication
    Poe: Here we go once again with the "I was a wild stray..." story. Blah blah blah *eye roll*
    Blog: The Misadventures of Jackson and Poe
  • I was in my first year of college and was recently engaged...but found out the douchebag was cheating on me so we were fighting.  Basically 1999/2000 NYE didn't happen for me.  Sad

ETA: I called it off a week later. lol 

• I was at home, in high school, and I'm sure that my parent's had a New Years Eve party with lots of yummy appetizer food like we did every year.
    My sweet boy
    imageimage
  • I was a freshman in HS. Probably hanging out at home or with my sister and her husband :)
    Mom to:
    Miles (6 year old Maine C00n mix), Boots (5 year old Lab mix), Darla (4 year old GSD/Collie mix), Frankie (1.5 year old DSH mix), Peanut (15 months old - 09/11), and Bean (arriving Feb 2013).
  • Wow setsail, that sounds really cool!

10 years ago I was in my first year of college, and I spent nye at a sky resort in Italy with my family. 

• I was in college, and decided to take a trip to New Orleans for the Milleneum New Years with my boyfriend at the time.  Except I had to hide it from my parents by pretending that I had another girlfriend along.  :)  So I was in NO, broke and 1 year shy of being able to drink legally, LOL.
    Due 12/20/11 ~ Lost our Muskrat at 9w2d
    4/25/12 ~ Our angel, Persephone James, is here!

• Fun poll.  Smile 

10 years ago I was in high school and spent New Years Eve at a party at a friend's house.  It was very 80's themed.  I have truly embarrassing pictures of everyone, but thank god this was before I had a digital camera.  They will *never* be scanned, because once those things are online there's no taking them back.  Zip it!

imageimage Run Fast, Run Clean! Dog is my Mantra
  • It was my senior year of college and a group of my friends and I decided to throw a Prince "Party Like it's 1999" party. Basically it was just Prince themed with a lot of his music and how we imagined he partied - all the decorations were purple of course, fancy, fun drinks, hot tub etc.. Lol. It was a lot of fun and ended up going on for two nights. Party!!!

• I was wearing a zebra print mini, a black velvet tube top, red feather boa, knee high boots, and a red sequined cowboy hat while dancing at the "it" club of the moment with my friends. I met my DH that night though I found him to be a tool. It was um, interesting and memorable.
  • I was a senior in high school dating my now dh. We always went to his uncle's house for new years. We all count down kiss then everyone is gone and going home by 12:05. Lol.

Our greeting everyday at the beach. My two boys.

RUN FREE SWEET BOY RUN FREE gotcha day 12/272009 -11/11/2010

• I was fifteen and still spent NYE with my family. My dad's side of the family is very musical so they would all get together and play music all night long. Those are some of my best memories from growing up.
  • I get the 1999/2000 and 2000/2001 NYE confused.  Mainly because both involved massive blowout fights.  But I digress.

I was either in Orlando, FL with my family shooting hoops in a formal gown (LOL) with my dad and some kids from the neighborhood where we were staying.

Or I was on a Carribean cruise with my family toasting the New Year's at the top of the ship with a very large bottle of champagne.