Military Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Would you rather...

...age (to 90) from the neck up ONLY or the neck down ONLY and why?

I heard this on a local radio show on my way home from work last night.

On the same show one of the male DJ's went to a strip club and saw a dancer with "Jesus" tatooed on her lower back/butt.  Denver callers and the DJ's tore her to shreds because she was a stripper.  The dancer called in and defended her tramp stamp saying she was trying to turn her life around and got it to remind her that there is good in the world.  Would you judge her?  Why or why not?

Re: Would you rather...

• I think I'd rather age from the neck down. You can cover your body, but being a butterface sucks.

I don't think Jesus would judge the stripper, so I won't either.

I've seen a lot of military surprise homecomings. It wouldn't work on me. I always have my back to the corner and my face to the door. Looking for terrorists, criminals, various other threats, and husbands.
  • I'd want to age from the neck down I think.  The first thing people see is your face and I think they could adjust to your body. 

I really didn't judge the stripper.  I think that we all have our baggage and she's found God and is trying to better her life because of it.  The tattoo is more or less a reminder to her to stay on the right track.  Would I get THAT tattoo on my butt, no, but who am I to judge her for it?

• I'm pretty anti-tattoos anyway, but I try not to judge those who have them. At least on her bum, I don't have to look at hers I suppose, since I'm not going to any Denver strip clubs in the near future. Unlike J's ridiculous arm band. I have to look at that one all the time. :D
    I've seen a lot of military surprise homecomings. It wouldn't work on me. I always have my back to the corner and my face to the door. Looking for terrorists, criminals, various other threats, and husbands.
  • image WishIcouldbeinthe'stan:

I think I'd rather age from the neck down. You can cover your body, but being a butterface sucks.

I don't think Jesus would judge the stripper, so I won't either.

Out of my head you.

I'm pretty anti-tattoos anyway, but I try not to judge those who have them. At least on her bum, I don't have to look at hers I suppose, since I'm not going to any Denver strip clubs in the near future. Unlike J's ridiculous arm band. I have to look at that one all the time. :D

I have one tattoo that is visible(on my wrist) all others are hidden unless I'm like in a bikini. 

• I'm gonna go with neck down.  So much more public than the rest of your body.

As for the tatoo, not my place to judge!

[IMG]http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii128/smailey18/ryadditeacups-1.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii128/smailey18/macismile-1.jpg[/IMG]
    I'm pretty anti-tattoos anyway, but I try not to judge those who have them. At least on her bum, I don't have to look at hers I suppose, since I'm not going to any Denver strip clubs in the near future. Unlike J's ridiculous arm band. I have to look at that one all the time. :D

I'm pretty anti tattoo as well, but its hard to judge a person for trying to get their life back to God.  I think its tacky to have "Jesus" on your butt while you are stripping, but its not my journey to judge.  Man I must be in a good mood today:)

• image ladystout:

image WishIcouldbeinthe'stan:

I have one tattoo that is visible(on my wrist) all others are hidden unless I'm like in a bikini. 

I remember you saying that Stout. I love J and you anyway, and I'm pretty sure your tat is way less goofy then his arm band. ;)

My baby sister has one on her wrist too. 

• I am going to have to go with neck down.

Also, I would not judge her.

I have tattoos and I love them.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'd rather just not age either way. lol

Just kidding! I know how to play the game!

I'd say neck down..for the same reasons posted above...BUT think about this, or is this possible? If we age in our face only....we could always get plastic surgery? However, I don't think I WOULD. But is that even an option in this game? ;)

As for the stripper...

I don't judge anyone for what they do. If that's HER motivation to start changing, then great! But would I do it? No way jose! 

image ~~~Jan 31st, 2010. Back together again.~~~
  • Its funny all the callers said they would age from the neck up and keep their hot bods.  They said that aging from the neck down will make you less mobile and more susepitble(sp?) to the general wearing out process...which I get.  Who wants to break a hip, not me :)

•  I would rather age from the neck down.  I can always cover that up.

I try not to judge anyone for who they are and what they do. 

• image *Aimee*Sue*:

Its funny all the callers said they would age from the neck up and keep their hot bods.  They said that aging from the neck down will make you less mobile and more susepitble(sp?) to the general wearing out process...which I get.  Who wants to break a hip, not me :)

I'd go neck up.  For these reasons mostly - I want to keep my vitality! 

Plastic surgery can help match my face to the body   Stick out tongue

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image KCD053109:
    image *Aimee*Sue*:

Its funny all the callers said they would age from the neck up and keep their hot bods.  They said that aging from the neck down will make you less mobile and more susepitble(sp?) to the general wearing out process...which I get.  Who wants to break a hip, not me :)

Cheater ;)

• image *Aimee*Sue*:
    image KCD053109:
    image *Aimee*Sue*:

Cheater ;)

:::::laughs wickedly:::::

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • She can't see the tattoo on her rear, so I wouldn't consider that a prime spot for a 'reminder'. My husband has a tat on his back and forgets it's there. I will judge her for spending money on something stupid when she should be saving up to quit selling her body.
    Twin boys due 7/25/12