Entertainment
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Paranormal Activity

Has anyone seen this movie? I watched it last night, The last 15 minutes of the movie was so freaky. I stayed awake late last night thinking about it!

Re: Paranormal Activity

• That is so weird, I was just coming onto here to post the exact. same. thing.  I also watched it last night and I was bored out of my mind for the first hour or so.  I then thought the movie was stupid to the point that I was laughing...and then the last 15 minutes scared the he!l out of me.  I was scared this morning being home alone.
  • Watched it last weekend.  I thought it was scary just waiting to see what was gonna happen, when you knew something was coming.  But I thought trying to make it look so real made it kind of cheesy to me.  I did get scared but the very end kinda made it more dumb than scary to me.
    image Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I didn't find it scary but it was suspenseful. I think the end was ridiculous, though!
  • I apparently saw the original ending rather than the released ending, and there were certainly parts of the movie I found ridiculous and annoying, but other parts of it compleeeetely creeped me out.
  • I saw it in the theater and was pretty scared. However, I like getting scared, so that probably enhanced the experience for me. I think that if I had watched it at home, it would have lost a lot of the effect.

Not too many good scary independent films, but I liked it!

• Am I really the only one who wanted to spend the entire movie kicking her boyfriend in the junk? What a condescending, disrespectful ass.
    fiizzlee = vag ** fiizzle = peen ** Babies shouldn't be born wit thangs ** **They're called first luddz fo' a reason -- mo' is supposed ta come after. Yo Ass don't git a medal fo' marryin yo' prom date. Unless yo ass is imoan. I aint talkin' bout chicken n' gravy biatch. Then yo ass git a all-expenses paid cruise ta tha Mediterranean n' yo ass git ta hook up Jared Padalecki on tha flight over while bustin yo' jammies. But still no medal.
  • I thought it was okay. My husband kept telling me I wasn't gonna be able to sleep after watching it but I was fine. I guess the last 15 minutes was the best part of the movie.

Oh and I like the ending where the cops come in and shoot her. I didn't think the other two were any good.  

[URL=http://s32.photobucket.com/albums/d45/hatch-er/?action=view&current=Picture008.jpg][IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d45/hatch-er/th_Picture008.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
  • image zitiqueen:
    Am I really the only one who wanted to spend the entire movie kicking her boyfriend in the junk? What a condescending, disrespectful ass.

Ha! I mentioned to SO that the girl didn't have a ghost problem, she had a BF problem. 

I've seen a lot of military surprise homecomings. It wouldn't work on me. I always have my back to the corner and my face to the door. Looking for terrorists, criminals, various other threats, and husbands.
  • True about the BF problem, but she also didn't stop and have the "I'm having paranormal experiences" conversation BEFORE they moved in together. 

We saw it in theaters halloween night.  So freaked out that we slept with the lights on.  That's why we like the movie - if it had that much of an effect on us, it did what it wsa supposed to do! 

• image dora12:

I thought it was okay. My husband kept telling me I wasn't gonna be able to sleep after watching it but I was fine. I guess the last 15 minutes was the best part of the movie.

Oh and I like the ending where the cops come in and shoot her. I didn't think the other two were any good.  

Wait - what the heck ending was this? I swear we watched the alternate ending. There were two??

Anyway - to the pp who made the comment about the BF - totally agree. He bugged me from the second he appeared on screen.  

• I am way late on this but I begged my DH to go redbox it....after the first 20 minutes I made him turn it off.  lol....I figured it was just going to get worse as in more scary.  DH travels a lot and my dog already freaks me out when she jumps off my bed at 2 in the morning and growls at my bedroom door....DH watched the rest the next day when i was out shopping and updated me about the rest of the movie.  He said it was stupid...but I know he will be sleeping with the light on the next time he travels. :)