Decorating & Renovating

? re: Returns at Lowes without a receipt

I have several things to return at Lowes but cannot find the reciept for all the items.  All are still in original boxes/containers.  I have several 12x12 sheets of tile, a towel ring and a TP holder. 

Has anyone had to return to Lowes without a reciept?

I don't care if they only give store credit because we are always running there for this or that.

Before I head out to the store, I thought I would check to see what people's experiences have been.

Re: ? re: Returns at Lowes without a receipt

• I do with no problem.  Sometimes if I'm just being lazy I will have the receipt and just not locate it/ bring it with me bc I know I'll use the store credit anyways.
  • They can look it up with the credit card you used or just give you a store credit for current price.
  • They've always been really good about giving me store credit.

Which reminds me, I have a big stack of things to take back their that the contractor left for me. 

• We did it recently with an extension cord at Lowe's.  Oddly, they only thing they would give us was cash -- not a credit on the Visa we paid with, or store credit.
  • If Lowes is like Home Depot, they'll let you return any old thing, whether it's used or you have a receipt or whatever. DH used to work at HD, and he saw someone return a broken 10 year-old microwave that had clearly been used, without packaging or anything. (So hey, try bringing in some of your old appliances too, if you want to upgrade.)

28 years baby free!

[My Bio] [LolaBlog]
  • We've been able to get refunds without a receipt. just make sure you take the credit card you used to buy it and they can find the purchase record.
    After 5 years of TTC, 3 IUIs, 5 IVFs, 2 FETs, multiple losses and an adoption that wasn
  • Our Lowe's always asks for our phone # , which makes it easy for them to look up transactions for returns without receipts.