Austin Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Anybody do Bikram Yoga?

I've taken two classes so far- one at BYD Downtown, the other at BYD Davenport. I'm taking another class tonight downtown (DH gets off work at 7, and works in S Austin so he can meet me on his way home to pick up DD).

I'm kinda liking it so far, but it's $$! 

After my introductory $39 month is up I think I'm going to try YogaGroove's $28 intro month.

Just curious if anybody else does it, and if you might want to catch a class or two together. I have to go on weekends and in the evening because of the scheduling thing, but maybe we can work something out. And I know YogaGroove has a referral program so you can get $20 if I buy a membership there. ;)

Re: Anybody do Bikram Yoga?

• I have a class pass to YogaGroove, but haven't been in a while. I absolutely LOVE it and plan to start going again regularly in the new year. Unfortunately, because I already get home too late in the evenings, I like to do the first class of the day on weekdays. SpanishBeauty and I used to meet up for classes and it's great having somebody to be accountable to, but I'm not sure if she's been going while pregnant.
  • I've been really wanting to try it, I do regular yoga fairly often.  I'm just chicken about the heat :)  in fact I was looking up the website for one studio yesterday.  I think I'm going to try it next week. 
    20120901_858 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I would so start going again, but I hadn't been in a few months before I even got pregnant.  I don't think it would be wise to start again while pregnant... I don't think I'd make it. HAHA  Plus, it's a 3 hour commitment for me with travel and actual class time put together. Indifferent

I love(d) Yogagroove, but it's definitely $$.  I dropped my gym membership to start doing Bikram so I could counteract the hefty payments.  If you have the money, and the motivation, I would SO do the year membership.  I just never had that money to spend upfront.

I agree with TGIA, it's nice when you have someone to go with, it helps keep you accountable.  And it helped to push me a little because I didn't want to be the "weak" one. ;)

Maybe once I pop this kiddo out I can start going again.  But that won't be for quite a while.  Good luck!  I thought there were a few other nesties who had at least given it a shot.  Maybe they'll come out and start going again if there's someone to go with.

IMG_1749_2
  • Love Bikram - I go to YogaGroove (or 'went' to I should say!) my 2010 plans include at least a month there so let me know when you are going, would love to have a Yoga friend. Also been thinking of trying out SunStone in the Triangle. They have hot yoga, but it's not Bikram. trisha _ sumpter at yahoo dot com
    ~ Trish Finfer
    Blog

• I've always wanted to try yoga but never knew where to start.  I did a 6-wk class through work awhile back, but it was essentially nap-time.  She kept having us lay there to relax and I would fall asleep every time. 

I would prefer to go when DH is at work, so I probably couldn't be regular about it, but I'd still love to go sometime to try it out.