Entertainment
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Teen Mom

Hey Farrah's dad- she's a teen mom because she wasn't consistantly using BC in the first place.  Telling her to just avoid sex rather than use a reliable form of BC is just asking for another baby!  Duh!

Re: Teen Mom

• Yes

I'm addicted to Teen Mom.  Does anyone know in which state Caitlynn lives?  They mentioned a lot that her parents are moving to Richmond and I live in a Richmond and was wondering if they are from my state. 

P.S. I want to throat punch Gary.

• image southsam:

Yes

I'm addicted to Teen Mom.  Does anyone know in which state Caitlynn lives?  They mentioned a lot that her parents are moving to Richmond and I live in a Richmond and was wondering if they are from my state. 

I believe they are from Michigan

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Farrah---needs to now worry about "possibly" opening her legs and watch her baby.

Maci---needs to find someone not douchey (she's my favorite and seems the most grounded)

Catelyn--I kind of feel sorry for, but lately she's been acting bratty.  I guess it's her age.

the bigger one--can't remember her name, I think she never should have gotten back with Gary and she needs to stop blaming him and making it seem like he owes her something.  I do feel bad for her and also want to throat punch Gary, but they both suck IMO.

Guidance counselor out....

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I agree that Farrah is a spoiled brat but I also don't think her parents helpt that behavior at all. Her dad needs a wake up call. She got pregnant b/c she's already had sex. I applaud her for now being responsible enough to make the move and get birth control herself. Although, she's my least favorite and the most annoying to watch.

I feel bad for Catelyn. She comes from such a dysfunctional family. She may be acting bratty too but I'm sure most people would be the same way in her position. I just want to shake her mom and tell her to get a backbone.

Maci's my favorite and seems the most mature and responsible. Her BF is a total douche and needs to start speaking clearly and communicating exactly what he wants, how he plans to change etc.

I feel kinda bad for Gary. I think he somewhat tries but he's just a clueless 17 year old boy. He does need to step it up with childcare though. Her fiance (I forget her name) is so whiny. It drives me crazy.

• Amber needs to watch her language in front of her child.  I like Maci as well.  I wonder what happened to the other 2 girls who were on 16 and Pregnant. 
  • Why oh why must Maci go back to that douche of a boyfriend?  He isn't chasing you, he is chasing his babysitter.  Now that he actually has to watch his kid he is realizing that maybe it is better to have her around so he can take off with his friends.

Farrahs dad is nicer than her mom but maybe give her props for trying to be responsible and learn from her mistake.  The abstinence message seems to have failed the first time so it may be time to try something else.

• image southsam:
    Amber needs to watch her language in front of her child.  I like Maci as well.  I wonder what happened to the other 2 girls who were on 16 and Pregnant. 

They were probably normal and happy and MTV knew that wouldn't make good TV

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Farrah gets on my nerves, but I think half the things she does are to get under her parent's skin and their reactions seem to encourage her. She needs to stop worrying so much about finding a boyfriend and focus a little more on her daughter.

Maci and Ryan only seem to have gotten back together because they've realized how hard it is to be single parents, and together at least they have each other's support. I think he's gonna go right back to the way he was before Maci broke up with him.

I think Amber is really depressed and unhappy and not just because of Gary. He's a douche and not a very attentive father or fiance, but Amber makes a bigger deal of out things she doesn't have to.

Catelynn is not very well adjusted, but given her family situation, I don't really blame her.

[IMG]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y58/twist_of_fate/589358D4-2BFD-410F-9B82-7956FE8FF1C7-172-000000219204E4C2.jpg[/IMG]
  • Love this show. I did have a question though.  Where is the father of Farrah's baby?  I haven't ever heard this mentioned.  Thanks.
  • image tmm140:

image southsam:
    Amber needs to watch her language in front of her child.  I like Maci as well.  I wonder what happened to the other 2 girls who were on 16 and Pregnant. 

Maybe...but one of those baby's had a really serious health condition that was going to affect it for it's whole life...that probably would have made pretty good tv (I remember Dr. Drew saying that second hand smoke could make the kid sick--and the dad smoked--Dr. Drew gave him his stern face..yes, I have a good memory for weird stuff) 

I wonder if MTV approached all the "cast" members and some agreed to do the show and some didn't....or if some were just fame whores ;D 

• image katmachine:
    Love this show. I did have a question though.  Where is the father of Farrah's baby?  I haven't ever heard this mentioned.  Thanks.

When she was originally on 16 and Pregnant she said the father was not apart of their life. She denied being pregnant when he asked if she was. So she basically just cut him out of their lives completely. I don't remember if they said why though.

• image foundmylazybum:
    image tmm140:

image southsam:

Maybe...but one of those baby's had a really serious health condition that was going to affect it for it's whole life...that probably would have made pretty good tv (I remember Dr. Drew saying that second hand smoke could make the kid sick--and the dad smoked--Dr. Drew gave him his stern face..yes, I have a good memory for weird stuff) 

I wonder if MTV approached all the "cast" members and some agreed to do the show and some didn't....or if some were just fame whores ;D 

Ya I'm guessing MTV asked all of them if they wanted to be apart of the new show and a couple of them just said no. When they did the 16 and Pregnant reunion one of the babies (that's not on the new show) did have a serious liver problem if I remember correctly. And there was that one couple that wanted to go into the army but were told only one parent could. So those things could've had something to do with them not doing the show.

• Oh yeah...the goofy dad who went into the air force...I couldn't remember the other one...

That might be a reason they aren't on the show..Not Memorable enough.  

• image foundmylazybum:

Oh yeah...the goofy dad who went into the air force...I couldn't remember the other one...

That might be a reason they aren't on the show..Not Memorable enough.  

The other one was the girl who lived with her mom and grandma. And her mom was pregnant at the same time but had her baby a few weeks before the girl did. And then they ended up having to move in with her boyfriend's mom because there just wasn't enough room once the mom had her baby.

• image CharlieHooper07:

I feel kinda bad for Gary. I think he somewhat tries but he's just a clueless 17 year old boy. He does need to step it up with childcare though. Her fiance (I forget her name) is so whiny. It drives me crazy.

Wow, Is he really only 17? I always thought he was older.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image lisa5ny:
    image CharlieHooper07:

There is no way Gary is 17.  He was a senior when Amber was a Sophomore.  Also, he is a nurse and I don't think you can be a nurse when you are just 17.  But they met b/c he was friends with Amber's older brother.

• image southsam:
    image lisa5ny:
    image CharlieHooper07:

There is no way Gary is 17.  He was a senior when Amber was a Sophomore.  Also, he is a nurse and I don't think you can be a nurse when you are just 17.  But they met b/c he was friends with Amber's older brother.

Gary is 20 I think. He was 18 when Amber got pregnant which was roughly 18 months ago in the show's time frame.  

Either way, he is a ridiculously lazy slob. But so is Amber. She whines so much about how awful her life is, how dirty the house is, how tiring taking care of the baby is... but all we ever see her doing it sitting around complaining about Gary. She sure knows how to get dressed up and have full hair and makeup all the time though.

Maci is the one to admire I think. She definitley has her sh*t together. She is working, going to school and taking care of Bentley like a champ. She is also mature enough to realize that Ryan isn't her prince charming and deal with it like an adult, rather than sitting around bitching about it.

I completely agree with all PP that Farrah needs to stop worrying about guys and concern herself with her baby. She talks to her parents with such disrespect, too.  Her mother is completely mental and annoys me. I don't really enjoy her role on the show. But, on the plus she is going to school and working so yay for her. I just don't like how she never seems to have her baby with her. I also agree with all PP about her father- HULLO, be HAPPY she wants to use BC now.

**Also, to the poster who asked: It was Farrah's mother who convinced Farrah not to have the father involved. She forbid Farrah from talking to him or telling him about the pregnancy. Um, yeah real great advice woman.

As for Caitlynn, I really wish the best for her and Tyler. Their childhood has been so unfortunate. I hope something nice happens in their lives; they deserve it.

I just can't get enough of this show. I am a reality TV addict, though.

Edit: I've wondered about the other two moms as well. The one girl had the baby with the "life threatening" condition like a PP said, and she was super immature and young. They were a really sweet couple, though.  The other mom is now a military girlfriend/wife. I think both would be interesting to watch, but perhaps they just didn't want to be part of the show.

• image katmachine:
    Love this show. I did have a question though.  Where is the father of Farrah's baby?  I haven't ever heard this mentioned.  Thanks.

Sorry for butting in, I've never posted on this board, but have been in 2 or 3 Teen Mom discussions lately.  

Anyways, apparently the dad died in a car accident.  Oh, and there are also rumors flying around that she's preggo again:  http://community.mtv.com/Discussion-Thread/-Farrahs-pregnant-agian/0D3FCFFFF01D24721000900D90283

• image Jim&Jaime:

image katmachine:

Sorry for butting in, I've never posted on this board, but have been in 2 or 3 Teen Mom discussions lately.  

Anyways, apparently the dad died in a car accident.  Oh, and there are also rumors flying around that she's preggo again:  http://community.mtv.com/Discussion-Thread/-Farrahs-pregnant-agian/0D3FCFFFF01D24721000900D90283

What?! Where did you read that? Crazy if it's true...  

I distinctly remember Farrah's mom forbidding her from talking to/telling the dad she was pregnant (because I remember thinking how horrible that was). After that I don't remember any mention of the father.

• Not discounting what her mom said, it's probably true, but he's dead now.
  • image Jim&Jaime:
    Not discounting what her mom said, it's probably true, but he's dead now.

Yeah I just googled and found a few message boards/blogs saying he died 2 months before Sophia was born. It hasn't been confirmed by the show/MTV yet. I wonder why?

Edit: I just read the news story for the guy that is supposedly Sophia's father. Wow. I can see the resemblance so I believe the story. The newspaper story also says he "was about to be a father." It says he was planning to go to culinary school. Farrah now goes to culinary school. Hmmm. Kind of strange. As for the show not mentioning any of this, I guess MTV just likes the story line better that the father is just not involved...?

• Yikes, if Farrah's pregnant again she's even more immature and irresponsible than I thought.
    [IMG]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y58/twist_of_fate/589358D4-2BFD-410F-9B82-7956FE8FF1C7-172-000000219204E4C2.jpg[/IMG]
  • I thought I heard somewhere Farrah said Sophie's dad was stalking her or something. I remember thinking - why are you talking about his baby on MTV like he's not going to find out?? That is really sad if he died - I wonder why they never mentioned it on the show.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image mumegs:
    I thought I heard somewhere Farrah said Sophie's dad was stalking her or something. I remember thinking - why are you talking about his baby on MTV like he's not going to find out?? That is really sad if he died - I wonder why they never mentioned it on the show.

Oh yeah! I remember that on the show. It was during her "16 & Pregnant" episode. I would hardly call it stalking though from what the show portrayed. He called her a few times and texted her asking if she was pregnant. I can see how, if I was a teenage guy, I would be calling a girl a few times if we were dating/hooking up/whatever and rumor around town was that she was pregnant and had cameras following her around but she was ignoring me. Um, yeah. I find the whole situation to be really annoying. Obviously.

• This show is good trainwreck tv, isn't it?

The person I feel the worst for on this show is Leah.  That poor baby is never fully clothed and her parents don't seem to have 2 braincells to rub together.  And last night when Amber left, she put the carseat in the front seat....uh, that's illegal when you have a backseat.  I agree that Amber needs to watch her mouth in front of her.  Have they ever mentioned Amber's mom? I wonder why she couldn't go stay with her?

Farrah is just well, obnoxious, but so is her mom.  I know she seems overly concerned about dating, but like someone on another board said, just because she had a baby doesn't make her not 18 anymore.  She is immature, but so are a lot of teenagers at 18, baby or not.

Maci does seem very together and smart.  I hope she figures out what she wants to do and doesn't let Ryan stand in her way.

Tyler and Catelynn seem so much more stable and mature than they should, given their circumstances.  I still commend them highly for doing what they did with Carly, it is obvious she is in a better place with Brandon and Teresa. Tyler's dad is just, blech.

• image KimandRoss:

And last night when Amber left, she put the carseat in the front seat....uh, that's illegal when you have a backseat.  I agree that Amber needs to watch her mouth in front of her.  .

Thank you! I'm glad someone else noticed that. I was thinking the exact same thing.

• image kort2885:
    image KimandRoss:

And last night when Amber left, she put the carseat in the front seat....uh, that's illegal when you have a backseat.  I agree that Amber needs to watch her mouth in front of her.  .

Thank you! I'm glad someone else noticed that. I was thinking the exact same thing.

Oh I noticed that too and I pointed it out to DH. That seems so irresponsible to me.

• image starsailorr26:
    image kort2885:
    image KimandRoss:

Oh I noticed that too and I pointed it out to DH. That seems so irresponsible to me.

Dh and I thought she left without the kid because the backseat was full of crap then DH said, "Oh snap, she's in the front seat!!"  We're childless assholes and we even know that's incredibly dangerous.

• image southsam:

Really?  Because as much as Gary sucks, I'd save my throat punch for Amber any day of the week.  That girl is a whiny, stupid, selfish drama queen.