North Dakota Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Cruises?

Aaron is turning 30 in September and I wanted to do something special for his birthday.  I was thinking of a cruise in November / December.  Anyone have any cuise lines they suggest?  Where do you typically search for prices ect....?  I know it's early, I just want to get an idea of what's out there.  TIA!

Re: Cruises?

• I've only ever been on Holland America cruises, and they were always the week between Christmas and New Years.  They are awesome, however they do cater to an older crowd, and they tend to be a little pricey.

Cruises are SOOOO much fun!!!  I've been to so many islands and stops...my favorite are Belize, Curacao, and Mexico.  

• I've been on two Royal Caribbean cruises.  Loved them both.
  • cruisecompete.com is a good way to find a good price.  I've only been on Carnival, but I love them.  I think it really depends on what kind of vacation you're going for, though.  Some cruise lines are more family centric, some cater to a party crowd, and others cater to an older crowd.  You can do very basic or very luxury, or anything in between.  Cruisecritic.com is a good website with info about all of the lines & ships.
  • ditto on cruisecompete.com for good pricing and cruisecritic.com for info.

directlinecruises.com is good for prices too

I am a loyal Royal Carribbean fan :)  You should check out their new ship- Oasis of the Seas....looks amazing, I can't wait to book a sailing!

• I've been on Carnival and loved them. As a Public Health Nurse who works in a very busy cruise port, I'm going to tell you to stay away from Princess if you can....just trust me on that.
  • We went on a cruise for our wedding to get to Bermuda and we went through AAA since we had a membership.  We worked with a lady (Jeannie) in the York office and she was fantastic. She's my travel agent for life! lol The cruise line we went through was Norweigan because we liked the idea of freestyle.  Our next cruise we will dock out of NYC and have a car pick us up at the house so we won't have to worry about getting to the port/parking fees for the week, etc... AAA arranges it all for you. 

Married 6/10/09 in Bermuda.
  • Loved Princess...absolutely hated RC.