Money Matters

Anyone know Banana Republic's return policy?

I can't find their store policy, just the online purchases on their website.  I got a sweater for christmas, and it doesn't fit.  No receipt or gift receipt.  Will they let me ecchange it or get in store credit?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone know Banana Republic's return policy?

• Based on an exchange I saw at BR two days ago, yes.  A customer in line ahead of me asked to exchange some pants without a receipt and the salesclerk just wrote up a store credit on the spot. 
    28/100
    LittleL 8/10/07
    Baby E 11/27/10

Check out my makeup and reading blog:
    Books and Beauty
  • They have gotten more strict but without a receipt they will write one up and give you the lowest price the item has been sold for.  Considering their sales, it may not be much but better than an item that doesn't fit.
  • last I knew, you could get credit for the current selling price towards something else but that was awhile ago. looks like you could email custserv@bananarepublic.com if you don't get an answer here

If you happen to know the giver well, you could see if they could exchange with you. They can look it up wth a credit card if they don't have the receipt.

• I've returned without a receipt there before.  They gave me store credit for the lowest sale price - unfortunately very low.
  • this is pretty vague, but the receipt I have from a few days ago says

Valid photo ID is required for unreceipted returns.

Sounds like you could get store credit at least!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

***Nestie Bestie w/ TheDeatons***

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I'm in the same boat.  going to try it tomorrow.
  • Yes. They'll let you exchange it or get store credit. They're pretty good about returns, from my experience.