New Jersey Nesties

If you have white kitchen cabinets...

tell me what you love and hate about them.  also, tell me what color your countertop and floor is.  and post pics if you like!

and i don't mean beige, off-white, or distressed/multicolored...i mean plain old WHITE.

Re: If you have white kitchen cabinets...

• I do, they came with the house. I hate them. every little thing shows on them and they "look" dirty even though i clean them all the time. countertops are white also.........

• oh, and the floor wood laminate...also from the previous owner

• i love mine.  i feel like they make the kitchen look brighter.  they do get dirty, but they're easy to wipe down.  I have dary grey marbled countertops and lightish wood floors.
  • I was never crazy about white b/c they alway showed every ounce of dirt. That being said, that last 2 house we've lived in had white cabinets and I've survived. They were great for coordinating colors and decorating IMO.  

This was our old Kitchen--pergo cherry floors (can't really see it in the pick). The walls & counter are more tan but look peach in the picture.

This is our current kitchen. I don't have a close up of the counter, but they are more gold tones (with browns & beiges), like the walls. Flooring is a natural wood

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • image jerzeygirl4ever:

I was never crazy about white b/c they alway showed every ounce of dirt. That being said, that last 2 house we've lived in had white cabinets and I've survived. They were great for coordinating colors and decorating IMO.  

This was our old Kitchen--pergo cherry floors (can't really see it in the pick). The walls & counter are more tan but look peach in the picture.

This is our current kitchen. I don't have a close up of the counter, but they are more gold tones (with browns & beiges), like the walls. Flooring is a natural wood

Besides the white cabinets I WANT YOUR CURRENT KITCHEN!

I am not a fan of white cabinets, my sister had them and they just always looked grey and dirty, even if she cleaned them everyday. I like wood tone cabinets better!

• I had white until we renovated a bit.  I hated that everything showed on them (Between the men, teenager and toddlers).  I now have cream colored ones and the same problem, lol

I liked that the kitchen looked brighter with light cabinets.  I wanted a bright kitchen. 

When I was looking white looked nice with dark granite countertops!

• I love my white cabinets.  My kitchen is small and I feel like the white opens up the space, makes it bright and modern.  Black granite counters and glass tile backsplash.  We have ceramic tile floors but I would prefer hardwood.  Someday.
  • i had them, and to be honest I HATED them. ?They look dingy, boring and one dimensional and to me they just dont look natural. I like materials to look natural..I like to see the grain of the wood, or some texture.....I think they really date a kitchen too. ?
  • Thanks Kristen...

Here is a close up of the counters. I've been working on a calendar in shutterfly and came across this one. It really coordinates well with the tan/gold paint through out the house!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • There are plenty of light woods you can pick to make a kitchen look bright and modern. ?
  • I have white and yes they are a pain to keep clean, but I love the look.  Our countertop is called Rosa Grey and its Silestone from HD.  Our floors are a dark wook and we painted the kitchen white.  I only have pictures of when we were still demolishing the old kitchen. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I am in the midst of picking out cabinets for our new kitchen and planning on going with white.  I am surprised by how many people don't like them.  I just like the brightness of them and if you pick ones with enough detail, I don't think they will look plain or dingy.  I am torn on counter tops.  Right now I am leaning toward either a slate or charcoal granite countertops and wood on the island. The floor will be wood.

• I'm sorry, I have pregnancy brain our kitchen is painted blue, not white. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I had them in my last place....loved the look of them, and I didn't find them hard to keep clean at all.  I had black granite counters and a black and white tiled back splash.  Light hardwood floors.  When I do my kitchen re-model in the near future, I am planning to go white here as well, but love the look with a brownish / orange / gold granite with a natural stone backsplash....that's my vision anyway, lol.
  • i have plain old wood and I really like the white cabinets. Im sure they have to be kept clean more but idk i really like the way they look. Im no help to your question.. sorry..lol

Katie.. OMGosh I love love that kitchen and the set up!

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers
  • White cabinets, chrome pulls, butcher block countertops and a painted hardwood floor... the color is Winding Path, a grey/taupe. Didn't want all BB counters, but couldn't afford slate. Prefer the BB to formica.
  • We have white cabinets with black quartz counter tops and a light hardwood floor.  The walls are painted a pale yellow.  I honestly don't mind them - it's not a really rich/warm look - it's more of a fresh/breezy look (if that makes sense!) and I like that in a kitchen.  I never feel like they are dirty or that they need extra upkeep.   

I have no complaints about my white cabinets...then again it's only me and MH now so we don't make them too dirty. We have a deep gray countertop and dark tile floor.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • I LOVE the look of white....more of an antiquey white, but still white and I think we will have a white cabinet kitchen.  Here is what I like...in my searches as far as flooring and counters with it, darker counters (grey or mixed colors of dark) colored walls and backsplash..so it doesn't look too sterile, and hardwood floors..I don't LOVE everything about these....just bits and pieces!

image, image

• Love mine.  Here's a link to my RateMySpace

They make the kitchen seem so much bigger & brighter.  Countertops are granite. Floors are dark walnut engineered hardwood.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have plain white and love the look but they do show everything which is annoying.  I have a dark - almost black - granite and a white/black tile floor.  The floor was here and new when we moved so I worked around it when I painted the cabinets and got new countertops.  The best part of the white is it really opens up the room and makes it look bigger IMO.
    Mommy to Olivia 06.07.06 & Tyler 04.08.09 & Ashley 01.05.11
  • thanks everyone, for your input and pictures!  i really appreciate it and will take it all into consideration.  Gianna, i think i have the same pics saved for us, lol. 

• we have them in the shore house, and they are a royal pita to keep clean... EVERYTHING shows up...everything...they look awesome, but...we have a greyish, blueish granite countertop.  i don't think i have any pictures, but i could get some in the coming weeks if you would like...
  • You know i have white, which i chose and love.  I love the look, that sort of cottage feel, I am not a fan of wood cabinets.  I guess the white shows dirt but mine are very easy to clean, i don't find it to be a big deal. 

and love my pergo floor.  super easy to clean and still looks perfect.  :)

• you've been in my kicthen - white - that needs replacing &  we will go with white again.  The floor is black & white tile.  The counter tops are yucky cheapo ugly stuff that is dark with speckles that needs to go soon

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We just remodeled my Dad's house we finsihed in June. The cabinets are white the counters are silestone sienna... something its brown light brown flecked like granite it was a new color that had just come out. Floors are antique honey or honey antique got it at HD I forget name the package had a green label. Cabinets were american woodmark by kraftmaid. Wall color was the one with no fumes I forget brand  I think something with a V but name was northern pear tree. I just had the remodel forlder in my hand the other day when cleaning the house before the funeral I figured we would be getting company and I don't know where I put it. If I stumble across it I will let you know the names better if you need them their were not alot of company's that did just white. Alot were that distressed stuff which I think is ugly.

Kevin & Lisa

McKayla

See Mommy I can sit on the pretty rug with pictures of puppies and be good..... A day later she ate the rug...........

• I had really wanted white but my husband was so against it lol so ours are dark almost cherry.  I think i have a ton of kitchen magazines if you want them, I have to check if I tossed them, but if I didn't, I'd love to meet up for lunch again!  Have fun building your dream kitchen =)
  • We have white cabinets - they were originally dark wood cabinets, but Joe painted them... I have pictures in my bio if you want to look... Our counters and floor are a blackish/slate color... I like that the white really brightens up the room... They do show any dirt or splashes very easily, but they are alos very easy to wipe off...