West Coast Florida Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

anyone out there with curly hair?

i have naturally curly (and i mean curly! not wavy) hair.  normally i just hit great clips and get it trimmed every few weeks, but with sun and humidity it's time for a real overhaul before i go back to school.

i would love any recs for a stylist who understands curly hair and will not insist that i straighten it.  Thanks lots!

Re: anyone out there with curly hair?

• Cynthia at Practically Frivolous in St. Pete is who I go to, and she specializes in curly...super curly, hair. I found her on www.naturallycurly.com and there were lots of great reviews about her. She is incredibly knowledgeable about all the products out there for curly headed ones. i highly recommend her.

K

• Sandy at Bangz Salon and Spa is awesome! I'm sure she would know all about curly hair.
  • Joyce Andrews at Smart Set Salon on East Bay Drive in Largo.

Call her directly at 504-7461 and tell her that you were recommended by Doctor Bonnie.

Note:  the salon itself is not a young, hip, cool, contemporary, REGIS-style salon.  It's kind of vintage 1993.  But I like it, and Joyce has cut my very curly hair for 20 years - and I've had it short and medium and now longer, and now she colors it too.  She only works a few days a week - I think Thu Fri Sat...?  And I paid something like $30 to get my hair shampooed and cut every 5 weeks, and now I pay something like $55 to get it colored and cut every 5 weeks.

• I have curly hair!  I go to a stylist in Brandon and he is really great!  Email me at janelle04 at gmail dot com if you want his number.
    BabyFruit Ticker