Money Matters
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email help@theknot.com.

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Mypoints rewards question

Anyone get Amazon gift card codes with their points? I am bummed because I wanted to get Target GC's but they no longer offer them. I thought Amazon would be good because it is an online code, so the instant gratification would outweigh the bad points to $$ ratio, but it turns out they MAIL the online GC code. Think it will take just as long as a regular GC? I should probably just bite the bullet and order them, since every time I decide on a GC, they no longer offer them for the store I wanted.

What do you normally get?

Re: Mypoints rewards question

• I get the Baja Fresh cards because they are a good value and DH eats there for lunch a lot.

Sucks that Target is gone.

• Hmmm.  I don't use MP so I wouldn't know.   I use ebates, which is much easier (so it sounds!).

• Yeah, they keep removing stores from the rewards section. Back like 18 months ago I was going to save up for a Ritz Carton GC so H and I could have brunch, and that was removed right before I had enough points. I figured Target would always be there, but I guess I was wrong. The one thing I do like about mypoints versus ebates is I rarely actually buy things - I just click through on all the emails. I earn at least 300 points a month without spending anything but a few minutes every week.
  • image Serendipitie:
    Yeah, they keep removing stores from the rewards section. Back like 18 months ago I was going to save up for a Ritz Carton GC so H and I could have brunch, and that was removed right before I had enough points. I figured Target would always be there, but I guess I was wrong. The one thing I do like about mypoints versus ebates is I rarely actually buy things - I just click through on all the emails. I earn at least 300 points a month without spending anything but a few minutes every week.

Ohhhh.  I thought it was one of those cash back websites.  Gotcha.

• Home Depot.  Sucks Target is gone!
  • image 10YearsTogether:

image Serendipitie:
    Yeah, they keep removing stores from the rewards section. Back like 18 months ago I was going to save up for a Ritz Carton GC so H and I could have brunch, and that was removed right before I had enough points. I figured Target would always be there, but I guess I was wrong. The one thing I do like about mypoints versus ebates is I rarely actually buy things - I just click through on all the emails. I earn at least 300 points a month without spending anything but a few minutes every week.

Ohhhh.  I thought it was one of those cash back websites.  Gotcha.

It's kinda the same principle except you earn points rather than actual $$ and then you can choose where you "spend" your points. Different stores have different redemption amounts - you might spend more points for $10 at Old Navy than you do for $10 at Baja Fresh. I just like that you don't have to spend any money to earn points (although spending money earns you points faster)
  • I've been a member since 1998, so I've gotten tons of GCs.  Usually Target, ON, Gap, Starbucks...  now, though, I'd probably just get Macy's or a restaurant.