Money Matters

Mypoints rewards question

Anyone get Amazon gift card codes with their points? I am bummed because I wanted to get Target GC's but they no longer offer them. I thought Amazon would be good because it is an online code, so the instant gratification would outweigh the bad points to $$ ratio, but it turns out they MAIL the online GC code. Think it will take just as long as a regular GC? I should probably just bite the bullet and order them, since every time I decide on a GC, they no longer offer them for the store I wanted.

What do you normally get?

Re: Mypoints rewards question

• I get the Baja Fresh cards because they are a good value and DH eats there for lunch a lot.

Sucks that Target is gone.

• Hmmm.  I don't use MP so I wouldn't know.   I use ebates, which is much easier (so it sounds!).

• Yeah, they keep removing stores from the rewards section. Back like 18 months ago I was going to save up for a Ritz Carton GC so H and I could have brunch, and that was removed right before I had enough points. I figured Target would always be there, but I guess I was wrong. The one thing I do like about mypoints versus ebates is I rarely actually buy things - I just click through on all the emails. I earn at least 300 points a month without spending anything but a few minutes every week.
  • image Serendipitie:
    Yeah, they keep removing stores from the rewards section. Back like 18 months ago I was going to save up for a Ritz Carton GC so H and I could have brunch, and that was removed right before I had enough points. I figured Target would always be there, but I guess I was wrong. The one thing I do like about mypoints versus ebates is I rarely actually buy things - I just click through on all the emails. I earn at least 300 points a month without spending anything but a few minutes every week.

Ohhhh.  I thought it was one of those cash back websites.  Gotcha.

• Home Depot.  Sucks Target is gone!
  • image 10YearsTogether:

image Serendipitie:
    Yeah, they keep removing stores from the rewards section. Back like 18 months ago I was going to save up for a Ritz Carton GC so H and I could have brunch, and that was removed right before I had enough points. I figured Target would always be there, but I guess I was wrong. The one thing I do like about mypoints versus ebates is I rarely actually buy things - I just click through on all the emails. I earn at least 300 points a month without spending anything but a few minutes every week.

Ohhhh.  I thought it was one of those cash back websites.  Gotcha.

It's kinda the same principle except you earn points rather than actual $$ and then you can choose where you "spend" your points. Different stores have different redemption amounts - you might spend more points for $10 at Old Navy than you do for $10 at Baja Fresh. I just like that you don't have to spend any money to earn points (although spending money earns you points faster)
  • I've been a member since 1998, so I've gotten tons of GCs.  Usually Target, ON, Gap, Starbucks...  now, though, I'd probably just get Macy's or a restaurant.