Decorating & Renovating

Appliances: LG or Frigidaire Gallery?

Just wondering if you own any of the appliance brands above?

I'm about to buy a fridge, over the stove microwave, gas range, and dishwasher.  I got a better quote for the LG than the Frigidaire Gallery.

Re: Appliances: LG or Frigidaire Gallery?

• We have a frigidaire gas range which we love so much that we are going to replace it with a cheaper one when we move so we can keep it. 

Its not a gallery one though, but its one of their more top end ones.  It has a convection oven, 5 burners, two power plus burners, a simmer burner etc, all the same as the gallery ones, but with out the junk. 

I think some of the extras that come with the gallery ranges are a little ridiculous - like chicken nugget and pizza buttons.  Really?  Who needs that, and who would want to pay extra for it?

My parents had an LG dishwasher that was a POS.  They got rid of it a year later and got a Bosch instead.

• You may already know this, but Best Buy is having a giftcard deal on LG appliance groupings.

GL!

• We just bought a Frigidaire Gallery refrigerator.  SS side by side and we love it!
  • bugnbear- yes, this is where I got my quote, and I'm leaning towards LG but still want to hear some reviews on Frigidaire
  • We've got a 3 yr old LG refrigerator (brushed stainless steel, side by side doors).  We've had no issues with it at all since we've had it (knock on wood) and it holds up great.  I picked it mainly b/c it had the features we wanted, and it had gray side panels instead of black.  Its quiet, still has good seals, and doesn't seem to freeze bite our food (which is the opposite of our old garage fridge).  I think we actually got it at Best Buy.

• I don't have any experience with LG appliances, except my W&D and they rock.  I do have a Frigidaire Professional Series gas range and I don't care for it.  I love that it's gas, it has five burners, but the oven is extremely small.  In general the oven doesn't seem to work as well as others I've used in the past.  For a new stove (it's only 2-3 years old) that kind of ticks me off. 
  • Sorry to be late on this but we have a SS frididaire dishwasher and it is a POS. Doesn't clean well at all...run, run away from that dishwasher!!!!!