Money Matters
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email help@theknot.com.

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

What time does it get dark in your area?

It is 4:17 and already dark here, this is what I hate most about winter Sad

Re: What time does it get dark in your area?

• About 5 pm - but the sun doesn't rise until about 8:30 am.
  • Around 5pm.  Sun is up at about 7:30
    Luzern, Switzerland
    Bios
    Adventures of A. Cook
  • I loathe this time of year.  I want to hibernate like a fat ol' bear since it gets dark at 5:15pm and sun up is around 6:45am.
    image image
  • Sometime around 4:30, although yesterday I noticed it wasn't completely pitch black until 5:10 or so since there were no clouds.
  • before 5.  it sucks.  the time change was weeks ago and i'm still not used to it.
  • image pombride:
    I loathe this time of year.  I want to hibernate like a fat ol' bear since it gets dark at 5:15pm and sun up is around 6:45am.

Yup, me too. I am ready for bed now by 7:30PM- in the summer I would be out mowing my lawn and thinking of what to make for dinner.

• Sunset is at 5:24 tonight and sunrise tomorrow will be 7:50am.

This means that I leave when it's dark and come home when it's dark. I hate it.

• It starts to get dark around 4:30 and it's completely dark by 5:10ish. 
  • Technically around 4:30 but most days are so gray its not all that much different. ugh. Its been nice and sunny lately though! Ok, sunny, not nice.

• sunrise at 7:15 and sunset at 5:11.  Its 4.27 and perfectly sunny, I don't see it being dark at 5:11. 

The only thing I like about winter is my bday, Christmas, and hot chocolate.  All of the holiday food makes my azz fat.

• image krisandgrace:

Are you on the eastern edge of a time zone?

It gets dark here around 4:45, but I am really close to the border were Eastern time starts so it is dark for the northern Maine folks by 3:45. I feel bad for them.

• It's 4:34 and pretty dark here already...
  • image krisandgrace:

Same here.  It's pitch black already, and it's only 4:34pm.

• Around 4:30pm-ish

Isn't that what timezones are for? So it gets dark at the same time 

Nevermind me, I'm too distracted by my mini-carrots to think properly image
    ~Fitness Blog~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image kayleifitz:

image krisandgrace:

It gets dark here around 4:45, but I am really close to the border were Eastern time starts so it is dark for the northern Maine folks by 3:45. I feel bad for them.

I grew up with it being dark on the bus in the winter during my ride home from school.  One of the things I dislike about Maine.

• Like 5pm.  It sucks.

• image SunRocks:

image krisandgrace:

Ditto.  On the upside, ppl tend to leave work earlier, which is a good thing, imo.

• image SunRocks:
    image kayleifitz:

image krisandgrace:

I grew up with it being dark on the bus in the winter during my ride home from school.  One of the things I dislike about Maine.

Maine is strange with respect to time zones. It's so far north and so far east. I was there in June when the days are long, and sunrise was like 5 am!

• Sunset tonight: 5:35pm

Sunrise tomorrow: 7:03am

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Sun doesn't rise until about 9:30-10:00 here, and it sets between 3:30 and 4:00, is dark by 4:30 for sure.  But the summer surely makes up for it!
  • image SunRocks:

image krisandgrace:

Same here. It is dark by 4/4:15 PM right now. Sucks. But luckily the days will start to get longer again, soon!

imageCurly Tail Pug Rescue
  • Sadly I can't answer this. I was all excited to see the sun for a few minutes on my lunch otherwise I'm still in the office when the sun sets therefore I have no idea when it actually sets.
  • About 5pm or so. Maybe earlier, I'm not competely sure i'm usually asleep then. ( I work overnights. )
  • image Explorer_2001:
    Sadly I can't answer this. I was all excited to see the sun for a few minutes on my lunch otherwise I'm still in the office when the sun sets therefore I have no idea when it actually sets.

I had to check weather.com for sunset time. I'm never done working before 5:30.