Money Matters

What time does it get dark in your area?

It is 4:17 and already dark here, this is what I hate most about winter Sad

Re: What time does it get dark in your area?

• About 5 pm - but the sun doesn't rise until about 8:30 am.
  • Around 5pm.  Sun is up at about 7:30
    Luzern, Switzerland
    Bios
    Adventures of A. Cook
  • I loathe this time of year.  I want to hibernate like a fat ol' bear since it gets dark at 5:15pm and sun up is around 6:45am.
    image image
  • Sometime around 4:30, although yesterday I noticed it wasn't completely pitch black until 5:10 or so since there were no clouds.
  • before 5.  it sucks.  the time change was weeks ago and i'm still not used to it.
  • image pombride:
    I loathe this time of year.  I want to hibernate like a fat ol' bear since it gets dark at 5:15pm and sun up is around 6:45am.

Yup, me too. I am ready for bed now by 7:30PM- in the summer I would be out mowing my lawn and thinking of what to make for dinner.

• Sunset is at 5:24 tonight and sunrise tomorrow will be 7:50am.

This means that I leave when it's dark and come home when it's dark. I hate it.

• It starts to get dark around 4:30 and it's completely dark by 5:10ish. 
  • Technically around 4:30 but most days are so gray its not all that much different. ugh. Its been nice and sunny lately though! Ok, sunny, not nice.

• sunrise at 7:15 and sunset at 5:11.  Its 4.27 and perfectly sunny, I don't see it being dark at 5:11. 

The only thing I like about winter is my bday, Christmas, and hot chocolate.  All of the holiday food makes my azz fat.

• image krisandgrace:

Are you on the eastern edge of a time zone?

It gets dark here around 4:45, but I am really close to the border were Eastern time starts so it is dark for the northern Maine folks by 3:45. I feel bad for them.

• It's 4:34 and pretty dark here already...
  • image krisandgrace:

Same here.  It's pitch black already, and it's only 4:34pm.

• Around 4:30pm-ish

Isn't that what timezones are for? So it gets dark at the same time 

Nevermind me, I'm too distracted by my mini-carrots to think properly image
    ~Fitness Blog~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image kayleifitz:

image krisandgrace:

It gets dark here around 4:45, but I am really close to the border were Eastern time starts so it is dark for the northern Maine folks by 3:45. I feel bad for them.

I grew up with it being dark on the bus in the winter during my ride home from school.  One of the things I dislike about Maine.

• Like 5pm.  It sucks.

• image SunRocks:

image krisandgrace:

Ditto.  On the upside, ppl tend to leave work earlier, which is a good thing, imo.

• 5:30 in Atlanta
  • image SunRocks:
    image kayleifitz:

image krisandgrace:

I grew up with it being dark on the bus in the winter during my ride home from school.  One of the things I dislike about Maine.

Maine is strange with respect to time zones. It's so far north and so far east. I was there in June when the days are long, and sunrise was like 5 am!

• Sunset tonight: 5:35pm

Sunrise tomorrow: 7:03am

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Sun doesn't rise until about 9:30-10:00 here, and it sets between 3:30 and 4:00, is dark by 4:30 for sure.  But the summer surely makes up for it!
  • image SunRocks:

image krisandgrace:

Same here. It is dark by 4/4:15 PM right now. Sucks. But luckily the days will start to get longer again, soon!

imageCurly Tail Pug Rescue
  • Sadly I can't answer this. I was all excited to see the sun for a few minutes on my lunch otherwise I'm still in the office when the sun sets therefore I have no idea when it actually sets.
  • About 5pm or so. Maybe earlier, I'm not competely sure i'm usually asleep then. ( I work overnights. )
  • image Explorer_2001:
    Sadly I can't answer this. I was all excited to see the sun for a few minutes on my lunch otherwise I'm still in the office when the sun sets therefore I have no idea when it actually sets.

I had to check weather.com for sunset time. I'm never done working before 5:30.