West Coast Florida Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Glass top stoves...luv em...hate em

First I want to say I miss our gas range when we were living in St. Pete. That stove was a dream for us.  We have had for a few years now a white **shudders** glass top stove.

Every time I cook something on it the pots leave crusted crap on it....even if I didn't spill a thing.  I could be using the wrong pots for that stove.  I certainly know I'm not supposed to use copper bottomed pots and pans.

Or maybe I'm using the wrong cleaner....Ceram-a-bryte....something along those lines.  That stove is the bane of my existence in that kitchen.

Anyone have the same problem or fixed this problem?

Re: Glass top stoves...luv em...hate em

• I have a black glass top stove.  I love it.  The only thing I don't like about it is it shows dust.  To clean it I use Weiman's glass top stove cleaner.  I also wipe up spills with the Scotch Brite no scratch sponges (the blue ones).  I have a razor blade handy to get any caked on junk that won't come off with the above mentioned products.  I have a set of T-Fal pots & pans and I don't have any problems with them leaving anything on the stove (except when I spill something, which happens quite often!!).
  • Hi - I love, love, love my glass top stove.  To clean it can be a hassle, but I think I got the hang of it.  Like pp mentioned, I  too use the classic white-creamy stove top cleaner.  Before using it though, I use a razer blade to remove the gunk that spilled onto the stove top.  Then, with a non-scratch sponge (same blue one mentioned), and with some water and dish soap, I clean / scrub the cooktop.  With paper towels, and remove the excess water and dirt.  Finally, I buff the cooktop with the white stove top cleaner. 

For hard to remove gunk, Goo-B-Gone works wonders!  Let it sit for a couple of minutes, and then remove with blade or sponge.

I also remove the knobs to clean , as sometimes food / oil / water splatters underneath the knobs.

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers