Baltimore Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

S/O What are you reading

We seem to have this post like twice a week. Seems like there should be a way to make a reading blog like the recipe one!

I just discovered Shelfari. You have a virtual shelf of books you have read, are reading and plan to read. You can look at other people's and "friend" people like Facebook, write reviews etc.

I was so annoyed when I found out it was blocked at school. I thought it would be a great way to motivate kids to read! I even emailed the tech department and they said they can't allow anything that is like a social networking site. Grr.

[IMG]http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii59/eevans1_photo/03b0b9ac-6a22-4c6e-9bad-dce89d908ded_zps32afd748.jpg[/IMG]
TTC since May 2010

Re: S/O What are you reading

• It seems like most people on here use Goodreads and I use We Read on FB. I think the What are you Reading posts are fun to learn more about different books, get personal opinions on them and frankly they keep the board moving on a slow day.
  • I use Goodreads to sort my books in a similar fashion and really like it for finding new books, etc.

That said - I also enjoy the "what are you reading" posts bc sometimes books pop up that I have never heard of before (i.e. I read Six Wives of Henry VIII bc Laura mentioned it in a "what are you reading" post and it got me hooked on Alison Weir.)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image gracie2762:
    It seems like most people on here use Goodreads and I use We Read on FB. I think the What are you Reading posts are fun to learn more about different books, get personal opinions on them and frankly they keep the board moving on a slow day.

Oh yeah, I wasn't saying those posts annoy me, just thought a blog would be cool.

I did sign up for GoodReads...it's blocked here too. Sad Also, Shelfari is a little more user-friendly for my students.

[IMG]http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii59/eevans1_photo/03b0b9ac-6a22-4c6e-9bad-dce89d908ded_zps32afd748.jpg[/IMG]
    TTC since May 2010
  • image mrsbecky07:

I use Goodreads to sort my books in a similar fashion and really like it for finding new books, etc.

That said - I also enjoy the "what are you reading" posts bc sometimes books pop up that I have never heard of before (i.e. I read Six Wives of Henry VIII bc Laura mentioned it in a "what are you reading" post and it got me hooked on Alison Weir.)

I also use Goodreads but I agree with Becky, it's nice to get new ideas I otherwise wouldn't have thought to read or heard of. I like the reading posts because a- not everyone is on Goodreads, b- I don't always have time to check it for book ideas, and c- I like the weekly updates because it doesn't usually take me more than that to read a book so I need new ideas every week! 

• I'm terrible at remembering to update my Goodreads account. I usually just do We Read on FB since I'm on it already all the time.
  • image gracie2762:
    I'm terrible at remembering to update my Goodreads account. I usually just do We Read on FB since I'm on it already all the time.

I update my Goodreads account constantly, if I read a page or two I update my status Embarrassed  It's mildly embarrasing but its one of the few sites I can get on at work, lol.

• lol...I also just realized that is the same WAYR post from a week ago. I was reading it going, wait, these are the same books as last week...haha
    TTC since May 2010
  • image sapphireb:
    lol...I also just realized that is the same WAYR post from a week ago. I was reading it going, wait, these are the same books as last week...haha

oh haha yeah I think some of us just kept commenting on it and bumping it up.

• I'm another GoodReads user :)