Entertainment
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Days of Our Lives

Turned tv on this afternoon and am watching an episode. I haven't seen this literally in years. I love soaps because you can miss months or years, tune back in and the same people are there!

So Carly is back?!?  The Carly and Bo days were my very favorite, back when I regularly watched this in high school. The show was never the same for me once she left. I've just never been a fan of Hope at all.

Any current regular watchers who can fill me in on where Carly has been and why she's back in Salem?

Re: Days of Our Lives

• Hello, I just wanted to say that I use to be an avid watcher of Days of Our Lives. I do not remember Carly b/c I guess I am to young lol, but I noticed she was on there the other day. I'm not sure why she is back in Salem, but from what I watched the other day I think her and Bo are having an affair and Bo and Hope may be separated? Sorry to be of no help, just wanted to say that I like watching the show to....
    " As you dream of the woman you hope to be, don't forget to celebrate the woman you have already become" - Author Unknown TTC buddies with Blueeyedblossom image
  • I've watched on and off for years. Short version: Carly married Lawrence Alamain and moved from Salem. Fastfoward, it appears Lawrence was quite a tyrant and abused Carly to a point where when she tried to escape him, they had a fight that ended up with Carly stabbing Lawrence. She fled to Salem and contacted Bo who came to her aid and let her stay with him. However, she asked Maggie if she can stay with her and is trying to go back to University Hosptial. Guess she is planning on staying around for a while and not just because of Bo! BTW, someone else confessed to Lawrence's murder so Carly is off the hook, well at least until Vivian gets her hands on her.

You can get some good updates and spoilers from  dayscafe.com or soapoperafan.com/days.

• i dvr days every day and have watched since i was a kid. sad, yes.  bringing back new and old characters because they are cheaper than keeping people like marlena and john around!  PP explained the Carly thing (remember when she was buried alive?  lol), but feel free to ask away if you ever need to!
    "I'm goin' to Carolina in my mind..."
    imageimageimage
    Recent Races:
    Chicago Half Marathon 9/11/11: 1:58:11 (PR)
    Race for the Cure 10k, Chicago 9/24/11: 51:52 (PR)
    ING New York City Marathon 11/6/11: 4:13:16 (PR)
  • I haven't posted here before, but I saw this post and I just HAD to! :)  I also DVR every episode of Days and usually watch them over the weekends.

Carly JUST came back within the last few weeks and I still don't really understand.  I've been watching since I started college (2001ish) and I had no idea who Carly was... I had to ask my mom because they never really explained her!  So far, I'm not a fan of her. :(  I'm more wrapped up in the Sydney/Nicole/Sami/EJ story.  I find myself fast-forwarding through some of the other parts - like Carly and Justin!

PP was right though, they've recently brought back a lot of old characters and made a lot of new ones because of contracts and money for the long-time actors.  So many of the popular characters are gone!  Marlena and John are in Switzerland to go to some medical clinic, forever I'm sure... Max and Chelsea live in London now, helping Billie recover from some car accident... and Shawn and Belle went off sailing like Bo and Hope did, but they have been gone for years!

Anyway... I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who DVRs it everyday! :)  Thanks! 

Planning & Married Bio... Pro Pics, Vendor Reviews, and Items For Sale!
  • I am so wrapped up in the Sydney story and too FF through a lot of the other stuff.  And I am so over Hope always having all this drama with Bo...get over yourself!  I want NiMole to go down (I hate her third eye/mole between her eyes No).
    "I'm goin' to Carolina in my mind..."
    imageimageimage
    Recent Races:
    Chicago Half Marathon 9/11/11: 1:58:11 (PR)
    Race for the Cure 10k, Chicago 9/24/11: 51:52 (PR)
    ING New York City Marathon 11/6/11: 4:13:16 (PR)
  • I only watch a few times a week.  I understand the Carly story, but I must have missed a day where they announced who Carly's daughter is.  She keeps saying 'my daughter is at Maggie's, so I am going to live there too' but there is Mia and Melanie there.  Which one is her daughter?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker