Austin Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

What time to get to airport for 6am flight?

I've never flown in/out of ABIA during holiday season before so I have no idea how backed up they get (or not).

We have a 6am flight on Tuesday, and with a toddler that is sure to be exerting her independence that day (because that's how it works...) I don't want to get there super early but I don't want to feel rushed either.

[Poll]

Re: What time to get to airport for 6am flight?

• ABIA around the holidays is like most other airports on a random weekday.  I would go for 4:30-4:45.  Once you check your bags at the kiosk you should still have plenty of time to get through security and to your gate comfortably.

Edit: I had my hours wrong.  Sorry!

• 4:45.  Are security lines even open that early?  I remember my parents making us get to Mueller early once and there wasn't even anyone at the ticket counters.  That was a long time ago though.
    Help for Haiti: Learn What You Can Do

BFP 12.20.2010 :: missed m/c 1/2011 around 8 weeks
    BFP @ 9dpo 5.24.2011 :: missed m/c 6/2011 around 7 weeks
    positive for ANAs (1:40) with a speckled pattern
    MTHFR c677t mutation (heterozygous)
    *folic acid, baby asprin, Prometrium, acupuncture, Lovenox*
    BFP @ 9dpo 2.1.2012 || HCG = 8 : Progesterone = 19.2
    2nd HCG @ 11dpo = 40 || 3rd HCG @ 21dpo = over 5000!
    Stick, little one, stick! EDD October 15, 2012
  • i didn't vote, but we have flown out of abia in the early hours many a time. security isn't a problem, you'll zip through that. the lines for the airline kiosks ARE a problem.

even though we are at the tail end of 2009 and the airlines have been using the computerized (do it yourself) kiosks for at least 7 years now, it seems like 2 out of 3 people can't figure out to just step up to the freaking thing and use it! so, the lines get really backed up. 

• Last time I flew, the gates did not open until about 5am.  I would also use the middle of the lanes not the security lines on either end.  Make sure that you have all your liquids out, etc.  I would also see if you can check in online and check your bags in that way. Continental lets you do that so that you just scan the little barcode thingy.

Good luck!

Married and it feels so good! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We aim to be there an hour before, after parking. We park on the lot and it takes about 15 mins to walk. If you park and ride, it'll be like 30 mins to get there.

Also, go to the security on the far right, it's usually never crowded or busy. 

We like to have time to let H run around and we could even eat breakfast before if we wanted to. 

~Little Dude's Blog~

~Little Dude's Lil is on the way~

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/ttfaea1.aspx[/img][/url]
  • image fjaril:

Also, go to the security on the far right, it's usually never crowded or busy. 

Don't bank on that as your game plan. We have been there when it is very busy and they have that security point closed. You shouldn't need mush more than an hour though!

• I didn't vote, I can't remember when was the last time I flew for thanksgiving, but we flew on xmas day last year, the airport wasn't busy at all, but here is the kicker, we couldn't find parking what so ever,  none of the outside lots has room as well, so we had to park in the short term parking, and we paid $100 for parking there!!
  • image TX-Bride:
    we couldn't find parking what so ever,  none of the outside lots has room as well, so we had to park in the short term parking, and we paid $100 for parking there!!

I remember you mentioning this so I looked into it.  you can reserve a space at the parking spot for $4.95, supposedly this guarantees you a space.  I'll let you know if I find out any differently since I made a reservation for thurs. 

[IMG]http://tinyurl.com/7trsf2k[/IMG]
    merry everything!
  • image ssinca:

image TX-Bride:
    we couldn't find parking what so ever,  none of the outside lots has room as well, so we had to park in the short term parking, and we paid $100 for parking there!!

I remember you mentioning this so I looked into it.  you can reserve a space at the parking spot for $4.95, supposedly this guarantees you a space.  I'll let you know if I find out any differently since I made a reservation for thurs. 

That's really good to know. It's definitley worth calling ahead, we were worried that we would miss the flight!
  • image TX-Bride:
    That's really good to know. It's definitley worth calling ahead, we were worried that we would miss the flight!

you can reserve online if you are a member with them (it's free to join!).

[IMG]http://tinyurl.com/7trsf2k[/IMG]
    merry everything!