Money Matters
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email help@theknot.com.

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Target electronics return policy?

Does anyone know if they charge a restocking fee like some other retailers? I bought DH a blu-ray player yesterday, but found a better one for just a little more on Amazon today.  I looked on their website and couldn't find the store return policy. 

Re: Target electronics return policy?

• Their policy should be on the back of the receipt.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I just googled "target return policy" and it brought me to their website target.com return policy so I am sure the same would apply in the store...

It says:

Restocking Fees: Some items are subject to a 15% restocking fee, including camcorders, digital cameras, portable DVD players and portable electronics.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I am 99% sure there is no restocking fee..but double check always to be sure.
  • image s5m9j:

I just googled "target return policy" and it brought me to their website target.com return policy so I am sure the same would apply in the store...

It says:

Restocking Fees: Some items are subject toa 15% restocking fee, including camcorders, digital cameras, portableDVD players and portable electronics.

This is correct. They charge a restocking fee on some electronics unless the item is damaged or not working correctly.

• We had a two week return policy with our TV from Target... I'm assuming the blu-ray would be the same. We just had to bring the original packaging and receipt. Without a receipt they issued store credit. 
  • I returned a DVD player two weeks ago.  I didn't pay a restocking fee.  Then again I only paid about $40 for the player so they might have decided to be nice?
  • Off to find my receipt... I always use my check card, so, if I have to return something, I use that instead of the receipt.  It makes it so much easier there, but I have to have yesterday's receipt somewhere.  Thanks ladies.