Money Matters

Target electronics return policy?

Does anyone know if they charge a restocking fee like some other retailers? I bought DH a blu-ray player yesterday, but found a better one for just a little more on Amazon today.  I looked on their website and couldn't find the store return policy. 

Re: Target electronics return policy?

• Their policy should be on the back of the receipt.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I just googled "target return policy" and it brought me to their website target.com return policy so I am sure the same would apply in the store...

It says:

Restocking Fees: Some items are subject to a 15% restocking fee, including camcorders, digital cameras, portable DVD players and portable electronics.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I am 99% sure there is no restocking fee..but double check always to be sure.
  • image s5m9j:

I just googled "target return policy" and it brought me to their website target.com return policy so I am sure the same would apply in the store...

It says:

Restocking Fees: Some items are subject toa 15% restocking fee, including camcorders, digital cameras, portableDVD players and portable electronics.

This is correct. They charge a restocking fee on some electronics unless the item is damaged or not working correctly.

• We had a two week return policy with our TV from Target... I'm assuming the blu-ray would be the same. We just had to bring the original packaging and receipt. Without a receipt they issued store credit. 
  • I returned a DVD player two weeks ago.  I didn't pay a restocking fee.  Then again I only paid about $40 for the player so they might have decided to be nice?
  • Off to find my receipt... I always use my check card, so, if I have to return something, I use that instead of the receipt.  It makes it so much easier there, but I have to have yesterday's receipt somewhere.  Thanks ladies.