Baltimore Nesties

New mom care package?

I was hoping you could help me come up with some ideas of what we should take M's sister for her, the new baby, and her hubby. So far I have come up with:

Food from Trader Joes or Lets Dish (she is a Veggie)

Nurisng pads for her bra b/c she does not have any nursing bras

What else? What can we get to show we are thinking about dad too?

Thanks

Fitz

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers My bio Last Updated: 12/1/09 http://tinyurl.com/7zz6z7u

Re: New mom care package?

• Beer?? I know that's what DH and his friends would want.
  • Well I had a baby in July and ANY kind of food gift was so appreciated!! and you are on the right track with nursing gear. Everyone loves to get little baby gifts and what not, but my one friend got me some nursing tanks and that was awesome because I pretty much wore them until they were threadbare.

My SIL got DH a 6-pack of fancy beer and a pair of earplugs-ha!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Big SmileLOL I would... I know he would love that but it would not fly with his wife. She gets irritated when he drinks and I know her current emotional state would not make this time any better.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers My bio Last Updated: 12/1/09 http://tinyurl.com/7zz6z7u
  • What are nursing tanks? Do you know where I can get them?
  • image fitzhughh:

Big SmileLOL I would... I know he would love that but it would not fly with his wife. She gets irritated when he drinks and I know her current emotional state would not make this time any better.

Then that would be a bad idea. Nothing worse then an emotional postpartum woman! I would stick with food items. Maybe snacks and a new movie.

• Bring some snacks too - my MIL got us a little pack of 3 sweet breads from Costco - like a banana bread, walnut bread and apple bread - and those little snacks were nice to have and felt like a little treat at 3 am!

Any kind of food you can eat w/ one hand is good - power bars/granola bars, cheese sticks, juice boxes, etc.  I had a lot of juice boxes the firstr few weeks.

Comfy clothes are good too - my BFF bought me a very comfy hoodie and warm socks and i loved them. . .

Also - when you go, give them a little break if you can, so they can take a nap and a decent shower.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • image fitzhughh:
    What are nursing tanks? Do you know where I can get them?

you know the tank tops with the built in bras for support? They are like that except there is extra fabric over the boobs which you just unsnap and they fold down so you can nurse without lifting your whole top up. Very handy. Target sells them (I really liked theirs), and so does Motherhood maternity (also nice). I got a few from old navy online and hated those though!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image mrs. remy <3:

image fitzhughh:
    What are nursing tanks? Do you know where I can get them?

you know the tank tops with the built in bras for support? They are like that except there is extra fabric over the boobs which you just unsnap and they fold down so you can nurse without lifting your whole top up. Very handy. Target sells them (I really liked theirs), and so does Motherhood maternity (also nice). I got a few from old navy online and hated those though!

Thanks! I will add Target to my list.

• Food is the first thing that came to my mind, but freezable...like a baked ziti without meat, etc.
    image Thanksgiving, 2011 Amanda & Joe, June 28, 2008 Blog of Randomness BFP 6/10/11; Missed m/c at 5wk6d; D&C 7/18/11, Triploidy BFP 11/24/11, please be our sticky baby pregnant
  • Depending on how much you want to spend I would do a Let's Dish order. Either just have it made and delivered or go and assemble them yourself. It will provide food for a month!!