December 2007 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Hot water bottles?

Sorry I'm a PW today and it appears no one is around!

Do you even know what a hot water bottle is? I've been using them my whole life in the winter to keep me warm at night. It's basically a bottle that you fill up with hot water and it stays warm for several hours. Also works well for cramps and such. Anyway, last year, I had two (that I had luckily found at world market several years ago) and they both broke in the middle of the night and I haven't since been able to find one. 

I found a velvety covered one on Amazon and just ordered it! I can't wait to be all snug at night again!

Side note - I was watching some wacky show once called 1001 ways to die or something and some guy killed himself with what they called an "enema bag" which looked identical to a hot water bottle and now Arek makes fun of me for using them!

Re: Hot water bottles?

• I know what you are talking about.  Im glad you were able to find one :)

• My parents used to have one...I've never really used it.  Fortunately, DH gives off tons of body heat, so he keeps me warm in bed.
    ~~~~Carrie & Shawn~~~~December 21, 2007~~~~ image
    Our Blog!
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain." Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have one, but I usually use it to keep my bottle fed babies (kittens/puppies etc) warm since a heating pad gets too hot.  It is quite old though and will probably bust the next time I need it =( I wouldn't know where to go to replace it
    [IMG]http://i51.tinypic.com/2s5zgas.jpg[/IMG]
  • I didn't know they even made those anymore.
    [IMG]http://i46.tinypic.com/oab4us.jpg[/IMG]