Dallas-Fort Worth Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

s/o/s/o L'Ville/HV/FM Fireworks

Any recs?

I'm wondering if we would actually be able to see the ones in FM from our back yard.   Kristin, Aria, Megan, Aprillle?  Anyone know?  Grazie!

Re: s/o/s/o L'Ville/HV/FM Fireworks

• I totally giggled at the s/o of a s/o.  Reminded me of the movie Multiplicity w/ Michael Keaton... where he had a copy of a copy... Anyway, on to your question...

I don't know  ;)  Depends on where in FM they are shooting them off.  We are RIGHT on the border of FM (off Garden Ridge) and I assume if it's on "this side" of FM, we'd be able to.

We've always gone to the VR mall to view the fireworks... pretty nice show- If you stay in the BRU parking lot, it's easy to "get out" after they are done.

• I don't know anything about HV or FM fireworks.  We can see L'ville's from our house, but last year we rode our bikes up to the mall to see them better.  Traffic is a mess, but they do a good job of making some of the streets all one one in and then all one way out.  BRU/BBB parking lot is a good idea.  Or the empty Home Depot Garden Center store (Macarthur/vista ridge mall dr.)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • FM is doing their fireworks over at FM High School - we can't see them from our backyard and we are over off of Morris close to Marcus high school

Pregnancy Ticker Birthday
  • Yeah, I try to avoid situations where I have to exit with mass amounts of people.  I mapquested where the firework will be, and it doesn't look too far.  It would be awesome to just sit in our backyard with some pina coladas and watch them from the comfort of our home.  :)

It's at FM High School:

http://maps.google.com/maps?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GFRC_enUS208US209&q=3411+Peters+Colony+Road,+Flower+Mound,+TX&um=1&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&resnum=1&ct=title

• For the L'ville fireworks at VR Mall, there is also a parking garage for Nationstar Mortgage that sits on Highland Drive (?? i think) that is a great spot. Their main building sits right on 121 Bypass, but they have a parking garage in the back. You can definitely avoid ALL of the traffic watching them from there.
  • I think we might be able to see them from our backyard. Probably not the best view though.
  • oooo, I think I will use peanut's tip and we will try out VR this year

• Peanut - We almost did that last year to watch Coppell's fireworks.  So there isnt' a gate or anything to get up there?  sweet.
  • We should block off that parking lot and then have a nestie tailgate party just for us
  • image Mrs.MauiBride24:
    Peanut - We almost did that last year to watch Coppell's fireworks.  So there isnt' a gate or anything to get up there?  sweet.

Nope! There isn't a gate! We've gone up there the past 2 years to watch them. You can usually see Lewisville's and any other nearby shows that are going on the same night. I think it has gained in popularity, so go somewhat early and get a spot.

• L'ville peeps - no big concert or event @ the mall so parking might not be as bad as it has been in the past. ?

?

From the city website:

?Fireworks show to mark July 4 celebration

Residents are invited to celebrate Independence Day with the Red White & Lewisville fireworks show launch at 9:30 p.m. Friday, July 4. Parking is available at Vista Ridge Mall, and the show can be seen from most of southern Lewisville. There will be no on-site entertainment this year in connection with the fireworks, but the mall is holding indoor activities during the day. For information, call 972.219.3401.?

• We usually go to VR. We're trying to decide if we want to head all the way out there, just to FMHS or stay out here and go to Trophy Club's show.