Northern California Nesties

Where to buy good chocolates?

I got my mom a really nice bottle of Cab for her bday and am making a gift basket of sorts. I want to get some good chocolate or truffles and not sure what to get...The obvious for me so far are Godiva or Sees. Woodhouse chocolate in St. Helena is to die for but kind of pricey...not out of the question though. Do you have any recommendations, either local or online retailers?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Where to buy good chocolates?

• Ginger Elizabeth in midtown Sac!!!! Some of the best chocolates ever... and local!!! You can't beat em!

• I'm a huge fan of Cocoa Bella but I thinks that's only in SF
  • image mrsbruin:

Ginger Elizabeth in midtown Sac!!!! Some of the best chocolates ever... and local!!! You can't beat em!

I think this is the place I'm thinking of, and if it is.... oh.my.gawd. so delicious.

imageimage
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Man, some dark fancy chocolate sounds so good right now. Something with raspberry in it.
    My favorite place on earth: The Amargosa Valley.
  • image SarahCee:
    image mrsbruin:

Ginger Elizabeth in midtown Sac!!!! Some of the best chocolates ever... and local!!! You can't beat em!

I think this is the place I'm thinking of, and if it is.... oh.my.gawd. so delicious.

Excellent! Thank you ladies! Looks great.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • image heatherbeanz:
    image SarahCee:
    image mrsbruin:

YES! The salted carmel chocs are the best!

let me know if you go.. we could meet up for lunch or drinks or something :) 

IMG_1313.jpg IMG_1351.jpg
    ERD 01.16.11

Surviving postpartum depression & OCD one day at a time.
    Also experienced antenatal OCD.
    Feel free to ask me questions about my experience.
  • schurra's in downtown sj. but i think you can order online!! soo yummy
  • image ladipale:
    image heatherbeanz:
    image SarahCee:
    image mrsbruin:

YES! The salted carmel chocs are the best!

let me know if you go.. we could meet up for lunch or drinks or something :) 

Of course! I will be in touch...and I LOVE salted carmel chocolates

BabyFruit Ticker
  • - Coca Bella

- Godiva

Trader Joe's has really good dark chocolate too (IMO).  Or go to a specialty store - like Whole Foods or the Nugget. They have some great stuff as well. GL! :)