West Coast Florida Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

South Florida Nestie with a Question about Tampa living!

Hi Girls,

DH is applying for a job with the City of Tampa as well as with the City of Largo. We live in Jupiter (on the east coast) now and obviously will have to relocate if he lands either of the jobs.

Anyway, Can any of you recommend any places to begin looking for apartments to rent or homes to rent? It is not necessary that we stay in Tampa per se because I know it's huge over there. What are some towns and cities that would be accessible to Tampa, etc.

Any input is welcome.

Re: South Florida Nestie with a Question about Tampa living!

• i live in St. Pete and love it. It is close to Tampa (about 20 minutes to downtown) and about 15 minutes to the beaches as well. Southern Living has consistantly voted St. Pete as one of the best towns for young couples and families. Downtown is active and full of restaurants, bars, clubs, galleries, museums, and concert venues, There are gorgeous waterfront parks and marinas, so the view is always nice and green (or blue if you are looking at the water). There is a downtown farmes market which is really nice on weekends. Jogging and biking trails are everywhere. So much to do, adn lots of really friendly people to meet. I highly suggest checking it out.

And if your DH does get the job in Largo, that town is just 15-20 minutes north of St. Pete as well.

• We live in Riverview and I work downtown and my commute is only 20-25 minutes max.  Our parents live in Valrico (the Bloomingdale area) which is nice, and only an additional 10 minute commute with no traffic and 15-20 extra minutes with traffic during rush hour.  Also, the Ruskin/Apollo Beach area is a great area that is growing up fast.  And people tend to think that it's too far south, but it has such great interstate access that it's actually less time from there than Valrico.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • we live in land o lakes (closer to wesley chapel).  we like it a lot and there are many new shops, restaurants, etc. coming up by us.  depending on where in tampa you will be working, the commute can be anywhere from 15 to 45 minutes. 
  • I second the Riverview area.  DH and I moved here 2 yrs ago and love it.  I can be in dowtown n 20 mins taking the Crosstown.  You are far enough from the traffic in Brandon but still close enough to venture in when needed.  The area is really growing fast.  There are tons of homes and apartments for rent in the area.