West Coast Florida Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Potentially moving to the area

Hello Ladies!

My husband and I are considering moving to the Ft. Meyers area early next year and are looking for any info that we can get our hands on.  We are in our early thirties and are wondering if there is much of a young community in the area.  Also, where are the best communities to live?  We don't want or need much in the way of a house, but we would like to be in a nice and safe area. 

Any help is much appreciated!

TIA

Re: Potentially moving to the area

• I live about 45 minutes north of Ft. Myers in the Punta Gorda/Port Charlotte area.  There are a lot of young people in this area.  You have to so some research to find the area that you really like.  I am not too familiar with Ft. Myers though.

• There are a lot of great communities in Ft Myers/Cape Coral. I think Cape Coral is more of a "younger" community, but there are areas of Ft Myers as well. I know there are a lot of younger couples in the Gateway area. I live in Lehigh Acres which is just east of Ft Myers. I like it here, but it isn't my forever home. DH and I will probably move to Ft. Myers/Cape Coral in the next few year. I would be happy to answer any questions I can help you with! Good luck.
    [IMG]http://i55.tinypic.com/2n1z04h.jpg[/IMG]

Alana Simone 1-5-10

<a href="http://just2good.wordpress.com/"> Just2Good -- my food blog </a>
  • Both my husband and I have lived in the Fort Myers area for almost 20 years. We enjoy the beautiful weather and beaches plus there is a lot of different things to do for fun.

The housing market is really down so you are sure to find a great deal if you are looking to buy. I do recommend not buying where you'll have accociation fee's, as they are known to increase radiply without warning.

As for the nightlife, the Fort Myers downtown is under a re-contruction they are trying to "clean it up" however, Naples has a great hip downtown area along 5th Ave. It is more expensive to live in Naples but has great employment opportunities. That is why like most people I live in Fort myers and commute 30 miles to Naples for work.

Let me know if i can help with anything else,

KV