Houston Nesties

Poll: Roula and Ryan's Roses

So apparently, R&R are considering dropping the whole "Roula and Ryan's Roses" bit on Thursday mornings.  A listener sent them an email asking them to quit doing the bit and they decided to poll their listeners to see what the majority wants (even going so far as to create a gmail account for people to email them with their vote -- rrshowroses@gmail.com). 

That being said, how do you feel?

[Poll]

Re: Poll: Roula and Ryan's Roses

• I only listened occasionally to R&R, but it got on my nerves. There was a similar bit on a Detroit morning show and that got on my nerves too. I just don't get the point. I think the people that participate in it are just asking for trouble. Nothing good can come of it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I feel like the whole thing is fake, anyway, so it doesn't matter.  If I hear it, I think "oh, what story have they made up this time" instead of "what's the 'real' guy going to say?"  So, I guess it's entertainment either way.
  • image CareBear01:
    I feel like the whole thing is fake, anyway, so it doesn't matter.  If I hear it, I think "oh, what story have they made up this time" instead of "what's the 'real' guy going to say?"  So, I guess it's entertainment either way.

Testify.

Is it really any different than all the other reality garbage that potentially ruins lives/humiliates others?

• I voted that it should go away, but I would like to amend my answer to "who cares".  I think it's ridiculous...and fake...and find myself rolling my eyes if I happen to catch it when it airs.  What blows my mind, though, is the # of people who were calling in/emailing/texting this morning saying their kids look forward to hearing it every week.  WTF?!  One mom said "I like my kids to listen to it because I like to teach them about the 'real world'".  Really?!

Apparently, they've tried to move the bit to 8AM several times, so that kids on their way to school won't get a chance to hear it, but R&R have a lot of teachers who listen to the show and look forward to hearing it on their way to school, so they've never moved it from the 7AM time slot.

• image ThatsMyGirl08:

I voted that it should go away, but I would like to amend my answer to "who cares".  I think it's ridiculous...and fake...and find myself rolling my eyes if I happen to catch it when it airs.  What blows my mind, though, is the # of people who were calling in/emailing/texting this morning saying their kids look forward to hearing it every week.  WTF?!  One mom said "I like my kids to listen to it because I like to teach them about the 'real world'".  Really?!

Apparently, they've tried to move the bit to 8AM several times, so that kids on their way to school won't get a chance to hear it, but R&R have a lot of teachers who listen to the show and look forward to hearing it on their way to school, so they've never moved it from the 7AM time slot.

Ditto this, and OMG!
  • I've been told my DJ's from other stations that it is fake. And after listening to it a few times, I totally believe that! People wouldn't really stay on the phone and argue, they would hang up... fake fake fake
  • It's totally fake.  It's so obvious.  Awful acting.

I find it annoying more than anything and when I lived in Houston I'd generally turn the station when it came on.  I think R&R would still have a very successful show without Roses. 

• I never liked it, and always changed the station when Roses came on in the mornings.  I think it's completely fake and stupid!
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
  • It has to be fake.  My husband works in radio and he says you cannot put anyone on the radio without their permission.  So, after they tape it, they have to ask for permission to air it.  I don't think they would get that many people agreeing to have their business aired for everyone to hear for a show every week.

But, that being said...if I'm in my car at 7:20am on Thursdays, I listen.  Same reason I watch Maury's DNA shows ;-)

GEAUX TIGERS!!!

1st pregnancy: BFP- 6/28/09 - Found out we lost our little girl on 10/9/09 at 19w 4d - D&E- 10/14/09

June 2010, corrective surgery for Septate Uterus and large fibroids

2nd pregnancy: BFP- 10/18/10 - Slow rising, non-doubling HCGs, no heart beat. Non-viable pregnancy, D&C- 11/12/10

Started Metformin 6/30/11, Started Clomid 7/20/11 - Unsuccessful

HSG and Laparoscopic surgery revealed blocked tubes and lots of scar tissue...IVF here we come!!!

Surprise BFP naturally!!! IT'S A BOY!!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I wish Roula and Ryan would go away all together. Their voices are horrible and VERY annoying!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • image HEmery:
    I wish Roula and Ryan would go away all together. Their voices are horrible and VERY annoying!

Roula's voice makes my ears bleed

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • image HEmery:
    I wish Roula and Ryan would go away all together. Their voices are horrible and VERY annoying!
    i agree!
  • I like it, entertains me on Thursday mornings. I think it may be fake.