Austin Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Anybody blog from their iPhone?

I started a nanny job yesterday, and I want to set up a blog for his parents that I can update from my iPhone. Mainly pictures and very short notes about what he's doing.

Obviously it needs to be password protected, but most important is being able to easily send photos to it.

Any suggestions?

Re: Anybody blog from their iPhone?

• There is a Wordpress app for iphone.  http://iphone.wordpress.org/

• I use the Wordpress app as well.  I don't think I've ever posted photos from it though, but just the text is easy enough anyway.

PS. That's such a great idea!  

Help for Haiti: Learn What You Can Do

BFP 12.20.2010 :: missed m/c 1/2011 around 8 weeks
    BFP @ 9dpo 5.24.2011 :: missed m/c 6/2011 around 7 weeks
    positive for ANAs (1:40) with a speckled pattern
    MTHFR c677t mutation (heterozygous)
    *folic acid, baby asprin, Prometrium, acupuncture, Lovenox*
    BFP @ 9dpo 2.1.2012 || HCG = 8 : Progesterone = 19.2
    2nd HCG @ 11dpo = 40 || 3rd HCG @ 21dpo = over 5000!
    Stick, little one, stick! EDD October 15, 2012
  • For really short blog posts you might want to look into Twitter or Tumbler.

There are lots of great iPhone apps for Twitter. It allows 140 character updates and you have the option of linking a photo to the tweet. It's also VERY easy to protect. In your settings, choose "protect updates" and then the only people that can see them are people you allow. Once you approve them, they don't have to remember a password or anything.

If you want more than 140 characters per post, you might check out Tumblr. It allows for longer entries and has more options for embedding links, photos, and videos. However, I'm not sure if Tumblr is protectable. Tumblr also has an iPhone app.

• i've posted photos from my phone to my blog using the wordpress app