Baltimore Nesties

"hot" pics of 13 y.o.

so my gf posted pics on FB that her photographer friend took of her 13 y.o. daughter over the weekend.  Her daughter is very pretty, but some of the poses are really provocative - shot from slightly below, with her head throw back and big booby shots. They were very Miley/Britneyish pics. 

I dunno why I'm posting, but I was just disturbed by the pics and the fact that no one else seems to be aware of how inappropriate the pics are.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: "hot" pics of 13 y.o.

• unfortunately.....this seems to be the norm among this age group now. It is really disturbing.

I caught a segment of Miley performing on stage when I was flipping through the channels the other day and I was surprised to see she was wearing shorty shorts with high hooker boots and she was gyrating all over the place. That bothered me since most of her fans are like 10 year old girls.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • And that's where social networking becomes incredibly dangerous.

A few years ago DH and I were at Dobbins Island w/a friend. We were in the water having fun when we look over, and on the right side of the island (where there's no beach, just trees and stuff) is a tween-ish girl straddling a tree that had fallen in the water, in a tiny bikini, acting super raunchy. You could hear her mom (I'm assuming it was her mom) telling her to stick her chest out, etc. Then you could see a scuzzy man with a big ol' camera taking her picture. We were pretty disturbed.

That's the one part of having a girl that scares me - when they reach that age where some of their friends have boobs, some don't, some talk to boys, some don't, and making them realize that sexuality is NOT something to rush.

• I guess these are the new "glamour" shots. Totally inappropriate.
  • That is very disturbing. I would not allow anyone to take pics of my 13 year old daughter like that. It is just very inappropriate.

Im sure that the 13 yo sees nothing wrong with this. My niece is 13. I was with her on sat and was completly distrubed by the very sexy halloween costume her mom bought for her. It is called straight A student. It is very low cut (and she is not a small girl at the top by any means) it is also very short. I told her how I felt about it and she got mad at me. 

If you walk through the girls underwear section in JCP check out the lacy push up bras with matching undies! 

For some reason there are people in the world who think it is ok for a 13yo girl to act and dress like an adult. 

My girls will not be one of those girls. I was...earned myself a not so good reputation and now that I look back I wish I could change a lot of things. 

• Yuck! I had a friend who was about 10 years older than me in band with me a few years ago. Her daughter was 11years old. Apparently for her 11th birthday my friend took her daughter to get a "makeover". She got her hair cut and highlighted, her eyebrows waxed, a mani and pedi, and several other things. I also noticed when this 11 year old sat down the her THONG was showing... A thong! WTF?

I think young girls and also boys are growing up way too fast these days. They are exposed to way too much in the media ie: movies, tv, news. It is really sad. At 15 I remember still playing with Barbies.

• image jadebaby:

I think young girls and also boys are growing up way too fast these days. They are exposed to way too much in the media ie: movies, tv, news. It is really sad. At 15 I remember still playing with Barbies.

I sooooo agree with this. I think back to myself at 13....I was an awkward band dork with a bad perm and braces.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Not a fan of these types of shots.

Although yesterday Kira wore her Ray Lewis jersey and i had her wear a tank top under it to minimize itching, the only ones i had were from last year, it was a size 2, very very short on her, did not cover her belly.  Cliff saw Kira with her jeans and her dora panties showing out the back and her tank top not covering her belly and thought i really was letting her go out like that.

• I would feel the same way. Im not that old (33) and I never dressed like that and neither did anyone I knew when we were that age, or ever for that matter. Having a daughter now, it's scary. She will never be allowed the dress like that. When I see those young girls in the mall, I think to myself how can their mothers let them leave the house like that??
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image idonthavethis:
    When I see those young girls in the mall, I think to myself how can their mothers let them leave the house like that??

This!

• That is disturbing.  It seems this is becoming more popular unfortunately.  I'm still shocked by some of the clothes I see people wearing.  I never would have done that in middle school.
    My sweet boy
    imageimage
  • image jadebaby:

image idonthavethis:
    When I see those young girls in the mall, I think to myself how can their mothers let them leave the house like that??

This!

You'd be surprised as to how many parents don't know their daughter's are dressing this way.  I've seen plenty of times where girls are leaving the house conservative and by the time they get to the bus stop, they're in their hoochie outfit. 

What burns me is that when we have retreat weekends at church for the teens and the girls find it totally acceptable to have their boobs hanging out and their thongs showing...at a Catholic retreat...nice.  Sadly I also see a lot of mother/daughter combos where they share clothes...so if mom dresses like a slut, so does darling daughter.