Minneapolis/St. Paul Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email help@theknot.com.

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

What age is too old for Disney on Ice?

Just curious. I know a lot of little girls go to it. When's too old or the point when it wouldn't be cool? I'm thinking about taking my cousin. She's 9.  I want to have a girls night out with her, but am also thinking of finding a kid-friendly play or musical to take her to. Really wish it would have worked to bring her to Mary Poppins but our schedules didn't add up AT ALL! Sad!
BFP #1, 12/22/09 - DD#1 born 9/2010
BFP #2, 12/12/11, m/c 12/25/11
BFP #3, 3/09/12, CP 3/10/12
BFP #4, 7/22/12, EDD 4/3/12. Stick with us, little one!
Great a/s on 11/16/12 - It's a girl!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: What age is too old for Disney on Ice?

• I think it depends on the kid but you might be pushing it. For context, at age 9 I preferred NKOTB concerts and the mall.

Tongue Tied 

• You can't just ask her, or is it meant to be a surprise?
    I agree that 9 is a little old for Disney on Ice. What about getting a pedicure/Manicure together?
  • Yeah, I was thiking too old too. Mani/pedi would be great except I gave up pedis after my toe issue (don't want infections) and manis aren't worth the $ with my home renovations. :( But yeah, maybe i'll hold out for a play we could go to. Yes, I was hoping to make it a surprise...but I could ask her mom. ;)
    BFP #1, 12/22/09 - DD#1 born 9/2010
    BFP #2, 12/12/11, m/c 12/25/11
    BFP #3, 3/09/12, CP 3/10/12
    BFP #4, 7/22/12, EDD 4/3/12. Stick with us, little one!
    Great a/s on 11/16/12 - It's a girl!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I think 101 dalmations musical is playing later this month - would she enjoy that?