Toledo Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Update on me

I ended up driving myself to the ER not long after I posted and got discharged around 5.

1 xray, 1 ultrasound, and 1 CT scan later, I finally got a diagnosis... kidney stone.

So my happy little self got some Vicodin in the hospital, and a prescription for some more, and was told that it would pass in 1-2 days. I'm hoping 1 day.

That sucked royally.

Re: Update on me

• Hope you feel better soon!
  • Ouch. How does one get a kidney stone?
  • I just saw your FB status.

I hope it passes soon

Booze, it's what's for dinner image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Birth - 7 lbs. 7 oz., 20 inches 1 Month - 9 lbs., 5 oz, 21 inches 2 Months - 11 lbs., 4.5 oz, 23 inches 4 Months - 14 lbs, 1 oz, 26.5 inches 6 months - 16 lbs, 1 oz, 28.75 inches 9 months - 18 lbs, 6 oz, 29.25 inches 1 Year - 21 lbs, 6 oz, 31 inches 2 Years - 28 lbs., 37 inches
  • Oh geez...ouch!  So how does one get kidney stones (seems like it's much more common for guys) and did they give you tips on how to avoid this in the future?
    [url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker][img]http://tickers.myfitnesspal.com/ticker/show/179/304/1790304.png[/img][/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - [url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com]Free Weight Loss[/url] Tools

The Shrinking Fat Chick
  • Glad you found out what it was.  Sucky that it's a stone.  And yeah for Vicodin!

One weird fact for you:  for some strange reason cases of kidney stones rise in the beginning of spring and fall.  They think it has something to do with the lunar cycles.  This I learned from a urologist I used to work with!

• That sucks, but hopefully it passes on its own.  Lithotripsy sucks and you are actually in more pain passing the little pieces it creates!!!

I was told my kidney stones are genetic.  My day have them really bad, my sister had them and I had them at 16 (passed & didn't know it), 17 they had to knock me out and go get it & at 30 (i think) they did the lithotripsy and that hurt like hell. 

• I am so sorry, I have never had one before but I hear that they are HELL!!!  I hope you are feeling better soon.  My mom had a bladder stone once when I was a little kid and I remember her screaming in pain in the middle of the night and my dad having to take her to the ER.....yikes.

I think it's largely unknown exactly what causes them, but genetics is supposed to play a role as well as what you eat....I know drinking a lot of dark pop (like Coke, Pepsi, etc) is supposed to be a  no-no if you are prone to them b/c the phosphorus in those beverages can cause them.

• Ouch!! :(   I'm glad you listened to your body and went to get checked out!  Hopefully the stone passes quickly!!
    Causes that are important to me: Planned Pethood Graham's Foundation NOCC
  • I'm so sorry Nichole! I hope it passes quickly for you! Drink lots and lots of water and cranberry juice!

• That totally stinks, hopefully it passes soon
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers