Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

**laceysmom** AEITB spoilers

I just wondered why you were having a hard time with the William parts (saw it mentioned in the discussion day post). I kinda am also.

I think it's mainly that I just really want to read about Jamie, Claire, Roger, Bree and the kids and just want to get to them (I'm having a bit of the same issues with the Lord John parts) but I also think it may partly be because I just don't care about William all that much. 

I'm only just into the 200s, so maybe it will get easier as I go along. Just glad to know that someone else is having the same issue! 

image Visit The Nest! image

Re: **laceysmom** AEITB spoilers

• I kinda struggled with his parts at first, but then I forced myself to really pay attention. He is Jamie's son, after all, and he's apparently going to be a big part of the story if he's going to be a narrator. I had to remind myself how irritated I was reading Roger's parts back in DIA, now I swoon over him and can't wait for more Roger.
  • Yeah.  William's part isna done yet.  Just wait until you realize how not done it is.

My favorite Cake Wreck ever.

• William bored me a little. He also annoyed me sometimes, but then, like J&T said, he is Jamie's son, so I made myself get over it.
  • image Jenandtonica:
    I kinda struggled with his parts at first, but then I forced myself to really pay attention. He is Jamie's son, after all, and he's apparently going to be a big part of the story if he's going to be a narrator. I had to remind myself how irritated I was reading Roger's parts back in DIA, now I swoon over him and can't wait for more Roger.

Very true. He is Jamie's kid.... and Roger's parts kinda bugged me too in DIA.

Ok, I'll keep reading them. 

image Visit The Nest! image
  • I think it's isn't just William and Lord John's characters that are so difficult for me, but all the "war talk" - and these extra characters.  I am just so bored reading about General so-and-so and trying to connect them all. 

Yesterday at lunch I was only able to read SIX pages!  But last night, I got to parts with Bree & Roger and was able to get through them really fast!

image Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • image laceysmom82:

I think it's isn't just William and Lord John's characters that are so difficult for me, but all the "war talk" - and these extra characters.  I am just so bored reading about General so-and-so and trying to connect them all. 

Ugh, I had trouble with all the war talk, too.  I understand why it's in there and how it's an integral part of the story, but that just bores the pants off of me.