North Carolina Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Stolen poll: Mornings

What kind of morning person are you (i.e. do you get up with a lot of time to spare to sit and have breakfast/coffee or do you get up as late a possible and do nothing but get ready)?

Do you shower in the morning (rather than before bed)?

Do you work out in the morning?

Do you see your DH in the morning (i.e. do you share a meal, get ready together, drive together etc)?

Do you eat breakfast at home or do you grab some at/on the way to work?

[URL=http://alterna-tickers.com][IMG]http://alterna-tickers.com/tickers/generated_tickers/5/5nvl7wmky.png[/IMG][/URL]

Re: Stolen poll: Mornings

• I get up with the sole purpose of getting ready in the morning.  DH is the exact opposite and rarely ever does this!

I shower every morning before work.  My hair would not allow anything else haha....luckily DH showers at night! 

I am going to start working on in the AM w/DH.  It's the best time to get us both in one place. 

I usually see him but we rarely get ready together.  He usually gets up at 5 to do school work before heading to work.  

I take my coffee with me and usually munch on cereal at my desk.  Nothing like getting paid to eat! haha

• What kind of morning person are you (i.e. do you get up with a lot of time to spare to sit and have breakfast/coffee or do you get up as late a possible and do nothing but get ready)?  once i'm up, i'm fine, but it takes me a while to wake up

Do you shower in the morning (rather than before bed)? usually i shower in the evening after i work out, and then in the morning i take a quick shower without getting my hair wet.

Do you work out in the morning? no

Do you see your DH in the morning (i.e. do you share a meal, get ready together, drive together etc)? sometimes we eat breakfast/read the paper together, maybe 2 days a week

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • What kind of morning person are you (i.e. do you get up with a lot of time to spare to sit and have breakfast/coffee or do you get up as late a possible and do nothing but get ready)? I get up with just enough time to get ready for work.  I hate mornings.

Do you shower in the morning (rather than before bed)? It depends sometimes I shower before bed, sometimes its in the mornings

Do you work out in the morning? Helll no

Do you see your DH in the morning (i.e. do you share a meal, get ready together, drive together etc)? Tues and Thursdays we see each other a few minutes, Mondays and Wednesdays he is still in bed when I leave but gets up after I leave.

Do you eat breakfast at home or do you grab some at/on the way to work?  I rarely eat bfast.  If I am hungry I may stop on the way to work.

image Me Squeshia.
  • eh, in the middle.  i eat breakfast at work, so i get up w/ enough time to get ready, work out, and check my email.

yes

yes

nope, he's in bed for several more hours when i get up.

i bring my food from home and eat it at work

Baby Charchie born 12/22/2011
  • When I had a job, I would get up early enough to have coffee with DH, take my time getting ready and spend some time with Colby before I left.

Now that I am a "Housewife!" I sleep in like a lazy body and wake up just long enough to give DH a kiss good night.  Cant wait till he gets his own work van and can sleep in till 8 with me!!!

[IMG]http://i51.tinypic.com/or4gtc.jpg[/IMG]
  • i usually hit snooze till the last possible minute. i always get to work 15 minutes late.

shower in the morning

don't usually work out in the morning, but i did today!

he usually gets up about 10 minutes before i leave to make the coffee and see me off

depends on what i have time for. usually its something i can eat in the car.

• What kind of morning person are you (i.e. do you get up with a lot of time to spare to sit and have breakfast/coffee or do you get up as late a possible and do nothing but get ready)?

Do you shower in the morning (rather than before bed)?

Do you work out in the morning? every now and then. I really should get back in the habit, but I don't like waking up earlier than I have to.

Do you see your DH in the morning (i.e. do you share a meal, get ready together, drive together etc)? No. He works 10-6, so he is still asleep when I leave. Works out ok. I like having the bathroom to myself.

I used to be the opposite. Worked out in the AM, ate breakfast, etc, but that was when I didn't have to be at work until 9. Now I try to sleep as late as I can.

[URL=http://alterna-tickers.com][IMG]http://alterna-tickers.com/tickers/generated_tickers/5/5nvl7wmky.png[/IMG][/URL]
  • What kind of morning person are you? I really enjoy the mornings (as long as I get some coffee immediately after waking up lol). I get up w/ DH before he goes to work, I workout for 30 to 40 minutes, I take a shower, and then I start work.

Do you shower in the morning (rather than before bed)? It depends. I normally shower in the morning before work... if I don't workout before work than I will shower at night before bed.

Do you work out in the morning? Yes.

Do you see your DH in the morning (i.e. do you share a meal, get ready together, drive together etc)? Yes... he wakes up about 15 minutes before he has to leave and throws on some clothes, chugs coffee and chocolate milk, etc. I get up with him and make his lunch and kiss him goodbye.

Do you eat breakfast at home or do you grab some at/on the way to work? I have recently started eating breakfast (never was big on breakfast before now). I eat at home... the last week or so it's been a low fat yogurt w/ some fruit and maybe some cheese slices.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • What kind of morning person are you (i.e. do you get up with a lot of time to spare to sit and have breakfast/coffee or do you get up as late a possible and do nothing but get ready)?  I'm a little of both.  Some mornings I'm up and at 'em, some I wait until the last possible second.  Mondays I volunteer at the animal shelter, so though I'm up at 5am, I spend most of the morning there and am late for my 8am in-time at work.

Do you shower in the morning (rather than before bed)?  Morning showers ALWAYS

Do you work out in the morning?  Not usually--except on the weekend.  Then, I prefer to work out in the morning, get it over with when there's not a time crunch.  I generally cannot workout before work.

Do you see your DH in the morning (i.e. do you share a meal, get ready together, drive together etc)?  Mostly.  There are some mornings when he goes in early when I generally don't see him, but most of the time we're fly-by-morning people.

Do you eat breakfast at home or do you grab some at/on the way to work?  Always at home.

• What kind of morning person are you (i.e. do you get up with a lot of time to spare to sit and have breakfast/coffee or do you get up as late a possible and do nothing but get ready)? I usually get up around 1.5 or 2 hours before I need to leave--I usually walk the dog, have breakfast, shower/dry my hair, and check my e.mail before leaving.

Do you shower in the morning (rather than before bed)? Yes. My hair is a hot mess by morning if I shower at night.

Do you work out in the morning? If taking the dog for a 30 min+ walk counts, then yes. That's really all the "working out" I do anyways!

Do you see your DH in the morning (i.e. do you share a meal, get ready together, drive together etc)? We usually are getting ready around the same time, though DH pretty much wakes up, showers, and leaves.

Do you eat breakfast at home or do you grab some at/on the way to work? I usually eat at home, or in the car.

• What kind of morning person are you (i.e. do you get up with a lot of time to spare to sit and have breakfast/coffee or do you get up as late a possible and do nothing but get ready)?  I get up as late as possible.

Do you shower in the morning (rather than before bed)?  It depends on if I went for a run the evening before (and showered then).  Generally I shower in the morning.

Do you work out in the morning?  I used to, but now I'm not willing to get up early enough to do it before I have to be at work at 8am.

Do you see your DH in the morning (i.e. do you share a meal, get ready together, drive together etc)?  Nope.  He is still in bed when I leave, so he just gets a goodbye kiss.

Do you eat breakfast at home or do you grab some at/on the way to work?  I generally skip breakfast (I know, it's terrible).  I'm thinking about getting some breakfast bars to keep at work.

Our little flower

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • What kind of morning person are you? I'm not a morning person. At all.  But I still make myself get up, exercise, do a little ironing/cleaning, then get ready.

Do you shower in the morning (rather than before bed)? Yes, in the morning.

Do you work out in the morning? Yes.

Do you see your DH in the morning (i.e. do you share a meal, get ready together, drive together etc)? Only for a goodbye kiss as he leaves

Do you eat breakfast at home or do you grab some at/on the way to work? I grab something, like a bagel, at home and take it with me in the car.